Forums » In the PIT » PIT Social!!!

Messages for PIT Social!!!

Comment Posted by Monkey May 13, 2013 12:01 PM

Hey everyone. My name is Dave Robson for those of you that haven't already met me as a ref or player. My fiancee Kristin, whom of which also refs and plays in the PIT, are getting married in September. We are having our wedding social on June 8th at Maple Grove. Many PIT members have already bought tickets and plan to attend. I PROMISE it will be one HELL of a time and you won't want to miss out! There will be plenty of awesome prizes including 2 tickets to UFC 161: Barao vs Wineland! Drinks will be cheaper than anywhere else you can buy them in the city and there is plenty of free safe parking. What more could you ask for from a Saturday night in Winnipeg? Kristin and I would be thrilled to see as many PIT members there as possible since we spend so much time with lots of you anyways. Tickets are $10 and they can be bought from myself, Kristin and hopefully I can convince a few of the senior refs (namely Brad, Brent, Al, Donny, etc) whom everyone sees on a regular basis to bring them to games as well. Otherwise feel free to reach me by email or phone and I can arrange to have tickets brought to you or you can pick them up. Even if you know you can't attend but are willing to support us we would be greatly appreciative but as I said you would definitely be missing out on a great time! If we are lucky we may even be able to get Jon and Scott to Gangnam Style, Dougie, Harlem Shake or all of the above.

Hope to see you all there!

Thanks,
Dave Robson and Kristin Froese
drmustang88@hotmail.com or 204-999-8876

Comment Posted by gchan May 13, 2013 12:40 PM

I call dibs on all the grand prizes!!

Comment Posted by jon May 13, 2013 01:01 PM

I am in on the Harlem Shake...just wait until I am 12 crown royals in (approximately 11:07pm)

Jon

Comment Posted by Monkey May 13, 2013 01:31 PM

Then I'm going to assume that Greg is going to lead us all during Gangnam Style???

Comment Posted by gchan May 13, 2013 03:47 PM

Sounds about right. That should occur at a drunken level of near or approaching Grand Beach level drunkenness.

Comment Posted by santos12 May 13, 2013 06:53 PM

I don't drink anymore but i'll come just to win some prizes.

Comment Posted by dubblezeero May 13, 2013 07:51 PM

I dont drink anymore either.... i dont drink any less but i dont drink anymore...ba dump dump chshshshshshsh!

Comment Posted by Neil McK May 14, 2013 06:05 PM

So Cliff does that mean you will be attending and busting a move with Greg and John? That alone would sell tickets!!

Comment Posted by Monkey May 30, 2013 08:51 AM

Hey guys. So the social is only a little over a week away. Anyone who still needs tickets feel free to contact me anytime and I can arrange to drop as many as you need. So far prizes are looking good:
-Stocked mini fridge with a bottle of Patron Anejo, Ciroc Coconut Vodka and a 12 pack of Tahiti Treat!
-UFC tickets and a $300 GC to Adventure Skydiving
-A fly fishing package with rod, reel and professionally hand-tied flies valuing upwards up $750

Not to mention drinks will be $3/drink, 7 for $20, 10 for $30 and 14 for $40! Can't get any better than that!

Hope to see you all there next saturday!

P.S. 11:07 Jon will leading everyone in the Harlem Shake (or the Harlem Gyrate and Fall Over most likely)

Comment Posted by outofthe60s May 31, 2013 10:10 AM

So drinks are $3.00 each
7 for $20 = $2.85 each
10 for $30 = $3.00 each
14 for $40 = $2.85 each

Better check with MLCC

Im pretty sure you cant do that.

Selling Price for Drinks
You may determine the selling price for alcoholic beverages, provided
it is not less than $2.25 per 28.4 ml (1 oz) of spirits or liqueurs, 355 ml
(12.5 oz) of beer, ciders or coolers, or 142 ml (5 oz) of wine.
NOTE: If you are serving drinks of greater quantities than those listed
above, the selling price of those drinks must be in direct proportion
to $2.25. For example, the price for a double (56.8 ml or 2 oz)
is to be no less than $4.50.

Best to look into it and not get shut down.

Good Luck next weekend.

Comment Posted by sanders21 May 31, 2013 12:04 PM

Unless you did the addition above wrong each drink is more the $2.25 a drink as stated above they are $2.85 a drink their not selling doubles at that price?? Correct me if I'm wrong

Comment Posted by Monkey May 31, 2013 12:46 PM

They are ticket prices. Each drink ticket is $3.00. 1 Ticket = 1 Drink. A double is considered 2 drinks and thus would require 2 tickets. Therefore and mentioned above each patron would be saving $0.15/drink by buying in multiples of 7. However they would still be paying $2.85/drink since they would still require 2 tickets to obtain a "double". Thanks for looking out though Brian. With everything going on it wouldn't surprise me if I were to make a few mistakes like that. See you all next weekend!

Comment Posted by sabonis May 31, 2013 01:14 PM

Brian is right, you can't offer deals for drink tickets. Thus, if you are selling each drink ticket for $3, all tickets have to be equivalent to that (1 for $3, 2 for $6, 3 for $9 etc.). This was the case for our social!

Comment Posted by Alzies May 31, 2013 01:29 PM

Yep, correct... no deals allowed, gotta change your prices Davey to what ever you put on your liquor licence..

Comment Posted by Monkey May 31, 2013 01:41 PM

We have a range of prices on our liquor license that allows us variability between $2.50 and $3.00. We were informed that you are allowed to charge more than one price for drink tickets seeing as some people will charge more for hard alcohol and less for beer. Ex) beer @ $2.50 and hard alcohol or wine @ $3.00. We would be instead be charging $2.85 and $3.00 which is confirmed in our liquor license. However now that you all seem so sure I will go back and confirm again! Thanks for the extra errand. You all suck and I expect you to drink 18 drinks each now! Especially you Holfield!

Comment Posted by Monkey May 31, 2013 01:56 PM

So thanks to some helpful advice from Brett and Alzie I have been informed that drink prices will in fact be $3.00 across the board. Unfortunately we were misinformed when applying for our liquor license as to being allowed to offer packages of 7 tickets for $20 and 14 for $40.

That being said the new price list is as follows:

$3.00 a drink, 5 drinks for $15, 10 drinks for $30.00 or any other multiple of $3.00. (I just wanted to show off my wicked math skills... Hope youre all jealous!)

P.S. I owe each of you a drink for the heads up. Thanks and Screw you Mike at the LC in Steinbach.

Comment Posted by outofthe60s May 31, 2013 02:37 PM

You can charge 2 different prices for drinks.
One price for beer and shots and one price for shooters.
Just not a discounted price for multiple tickets.
Its easier for the bartender if they are all the same price so he doesnt have to watch different ticket colours.

Hope that helps.
And thanks for not buying them from me. j/k

Comment Posted by Monkey May 31, 2013 02:41 PM

Exactly. What Brian said! $3.00 across the board. And what would I have bought from you Brian? Do you sell social/raffle tickets???

Comment Posted by outofthe60s May 31, 2013 02:53 PM

Labelle Printers
1725 Main Street

Social tickets, Silent Auction tickets
Drink tickets, Banners, Cello wrap
Double rolls, 50/50 tickets and so one.

Wedding invitations and accessories.

Best prices in town.

Thanks for the opportunity for the plug.

Comment Posted by gchan May 31, 2013 03:55 PM

Everyone better be double fisting at the social!

Comment Posted by Scott May 31, 2013 04:01 PM

Will someone paint "Rey Page" directional arrows from my house to the social, and erase and repaint for the way home. Yeah!!!

Comment Posted by sabonis May 31, 2013 05:35 PM

I tried to sell Robson our left over tickets Brian but he declined!

Comment Posted by Alzies May 31, 2013 11:22 PM

I am gonna be double fisting something all night ;)

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com