Forums » In the PIT » 2012 Team Captain All Star Game

Messages for 2012 Team Captain All Star Game

Comment Posted by jon Jul 30, 2012 06:40 PM

The PIT would like to award all of those unsung heroes who chase around their teammates for registration money, ensure players get to the field, work around the schedules of others, deal with the day-to-day drama, and generally go gray with the joys of organizing recreational touch football. Without the captains of the 82 teams in the league the PIT would not exist. Team captains might not lead their respective divisions in points, TD passes, interceptions, or sacks, but they are the true all-stars, and should be acknowledged as such.

What better way to do so then to invite all of our outdoor team captains to our 3rd annual captains all-star game. We have upped the ante this year by holding the all-star game under the lights on the artificial turf at East Side Eagles field on Saturday August 18th! Due to the huge growth in the league there will be two all-star games held. The first at 6:30pm the second at 8:45pm on the blue turf of East Side! There has also been discussion of holding some all-star events in between games and at half times. More information to come.

All team captains in attendance will receive all-star t-shirts and be eligible to win some great swag from our sponsors. Team captains must register for the all-star game by Wednesday August 15th to be eligible for the game. To register, team captains should email Jon or Scott (emails found on the contacts page). All team captains who are registered will have their names placed on the homepage with the 4 all-star teams created from that list.

Congratulations to each team captain who will represent their team in the 2012 all-star game!

Comment Posted by pfpicass Jul 31, 2012 06:36 PM

I'm out of town, so add Marco to represent Bad Company

Comment Posted by jon Jul 31, 2012 08:40 PM

Only if Marco shares his chicken stir fry with the other all star participants.

A complete list of the current all star participants can be found on the main homepage.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Aug 01, 2012 03:29 AM

get rid of the oilers logo!

Comment Posted by cobras63 Aug 01, 2012 07:20 AM

I'm in.

Comment Posted by jon Aug 01, 2012 09:08 AM

Don't diss the 2018 Stanley Cup champs Cliffy. Kanwal I will drink you under the table in Vegas once the Nuge/Nail/Hall/Eberle/Shultz/Petry/Bunz/Marincin/Hartikaenen/Pitlick/Klefbom and the rest of the young guns oncoming juggernaut skate around with the Cup.

Fear them:

http://

Working with Boston Pizza to set up some swag for the all-star game. Looking like the biggest and best team captain all-star game on record!

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Aug 01, 2012 04:39 PM

oilers....ptooie..! :P

Comment Posted by kung_fu_panda Aug 02, 2012 07:41 AM

1 bowl of stirfry, 1 cage...4 men enter, only 1 leaves with the stirfry, thats the stipulations!

Comment Posted by Premier "BIG" Man Aug 03, 2012 08:36 AM

Count me in for both the all star game and the cage match for stir fry.

Comment Posted by Travers Aug 04, 2012 04:40 AM

I will make an appearance as the special guest referee to make sure everything goes smoothly for the hell in a cell cage match.

Comment Posted by jon Aug 07, 2012 09:34 PM

Boston Pizza has come on board to sponsor the all-star game. Boston pizza will be handing out gift cards to all team captains in attendance and game MVP's will win their teams a large pizza. We have a couple of other sponsors on tap to ensure all the team captains walk away with some cool swag courtesy of the PIT.

A reminder that team captains have until August 15th (1 week today) to RSVP for the all-star game on the 18th!

Hey Dead Zone, I just had a premonition that a team captain representative will be on the homepage shortly. Don't make me change the future!

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by cobras63 Aug 09, 2012 04:18 AM

I see you've decided that the Barracudas are playing in Div 7. :P

Comment Posted by jon Aug 12, 2012 08:26 PM

Looks like we will be adding some skills competitions to the all-star extravaganza! So far on tap we have a fastest man, longest throw, and QB challenge set up for the all star participants. More great swag for our winners. A complete agenda of games and events will be available on the website toward the end of the week so that everyone can plan their attendance.

A reminder that team captains have until Wednesday to submit their name for the all star games.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by Nolby Aug 13, 2012 03:53 AM

Love the skills comp idea, if theres a beer chugging event then the Brewers are in.

Comment Posted by Premier "BIG" Man Aug 14, 2012 01:30 PM

You guys are the best. How do you make the nations best touch football league better? I have no idea but that's why we have Scott, Jon and all the awesome men and women of the PIT crew.

Comment Posted by jon Aug 15, 2012 07:32 AM

A reminder to team captains that today is the last day to RSVP for the all-star game this Saturday. I will be drawing up the teams and providing an itinerary of events Thursday so to give as much notice to players as possible regarding when they will play Saturday evening!

The PIT Crew

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com