Forums » In the PIT » Fall Indoor Season Information

Messages for Fall Indoor Season Information

Comment Posted by jon Sep 02, 2009 11:37 AM

The PIT League is proud to announce the start of registration for its second season of indoor football. We will continue to offer the best facility, fields, competition, referees and swag in an environment that is both competitive and fun. We will also continue to provide the best game day experience for our players. With that in mind, here is what is new to the PIT 2009 Indoor season:

1.Earlier game times. Last year we ran the majority of the games at 11:30 and 12:30. This year we will offer games at 10:45 and 11:45 on Fridays, and 11:15 and 12:15 on Saturdays.
2. Shortened seasons. While Fall will remain 8 weeks including playoffs. Winter season will be condensed. We listened to our players who wanted less of a break between games, now you will have the opportunity to play more regularly.
3. Prime time football. We will be running our first spring league starting in April, with games starting at 7:00pm!
4. The indoor facility is also in negotiations to get a tenant for a restaurant and lounge for the start of the Fall season. Tenants have been short-listed and once a decision has been made the facility will be licensed.

Fall season will begin Friday October 30th with championship games Saturday December 19th. Register your team on the website to ensure your spot. We do have the capacity to run later time slots if demand warrants but those time slots are few and far between, thus depending on registration we may have to cap the total number of teams. Divisions however will once again be capped at 6 teams and top 4 teams will make playoffs.

Cost remains on par with last year: $600, but the tax man cometh. We may provide the best football experience, but as business owners we often learn things the hard way. Thus GST must be applied to registration making the total $630. This includes insurance and all other costs. Registration is due by noon Saturday October 24th.

Teams who played in the PIT Outdoor season will receive a $50 discount off Fall 2009 Indoor. Those teams will pay $550 plus tax or $577.50. Registration will be due by October 17th in order to take advantage of the discount (some other restrictions will apply). Information will be made available shortly.

For the players, by the players.
Scott: 229-6266 scott__mc@hotmail.com
Jon: 223-5912 j.franklin@uwinnipeg.ca

Comment Posted by scott Sep 02, 2009 11:57 AM

1. Create a user name and obtain password. (if you do not already have one)
2. Login
3. Select “My teams” from top navigation menu.
4. Register a team for the 2009 fall indoor season (Team captains only).
5. Create team logo, or the PIT will assign one for free (it will be awesome)!

Comment Posted by jon Oct 14, 2009 08:46 AM

A reminder that cheques can be made out to either Jon Franklin or Scott McArthur. If you are going to mail a cheque the contact information for either Jon or Scott can be found on the "Contacts" page found on the sidebar. Be sure to also include your schedule request form found under the "Forms and Files" link also found on the sidebar.

Thanks to all teams who have expressed overwhelming interest this fall. The registration deadline is approaching (17th for teams with the discount, 24th for all else). With a week and a half left we have already hit 40 teams!

Comment Posted by jon Oct 17, 2009 12:13 PM

Please see the updated "Indoor Rules 2009/2010" and "Indoor Complex Rules" found on the sidebar of the homepage.

The rules are an updated and expanded version of what we utilized last indoor season, but a bit more detail was requested so we added answers to questions that were frequently asked. All teams/players should familiarize themselves with the indoor modified rules, the general rules of the PIT, and the rules of the Winnipeg Soccer Federation Complex. A quick read of the information will provide you details on rulings, waiver forms, game play, etc.

Good luck to all teams in the fall. We hit 50 teams today with exactly one week left in registration! We will be looking to add a time slot once or twice during the season to make sure we accommodate all interested teams. This will be another first for the PIT. Enjoy the best football game day experience there is to offer!

Jon

Comment Posted by Tyrone Oct 17, 2009 07:35 PM

Does a player in the league need to sign a waiver form every season, year, or do you only have to sign one ever to be able to play in the league?

Comment Posted by jon Oct 17, 2009 08:41 PM

All players in fall indoor will have to sign a waiver form. Our insurance is good for one year, so if you sign an insurance form in the fall it is good until fall 2010. Unfortunately all the waiver forms are no longer valid if you signed one in a previous season.

Hope that helps

Jon

Comment Posted by Tyrone Oct 17, 2009 08:57 PM

Thanks Jon! When is the latest a team can hand in waivers?

Comment Posted by geoff Oct 19, 2009 05:47 PM

When do you need schedule requests by?

Geoff

Comment Posted by Tyrone Oct 19, 2009 06:07 PM

this may or maynot say some were but when is the latest during the day that you can hand in registration money?

Tyrone

Comment Posted by Tyrone Oct 19, 2009 08:50 PM

Im sorry but what i ment was if i was to hand in the money for example tomorow, when is the latest hour of the day i could hand it in?

Comment Posted by jon Oct 22, 2009 07:17 AM

A reminder that registration paid in full and all schedule requests must be in by this Saturday. No late payments accepted as we will be working on getting the schedule out for sometime Sunday night. Drop off locations are found on the contacts page of the website.

All teams must have their entire roster up on the site as well. With some divisions (e.g., 8) there will be some movement up or down for teams which will result in a trickle down effect for the rest of the league. As a result we need to be as informed as possible regarding rosters. Any players added after Saturday must be given league approval before the player may be added in order to promote divisional parity.

Waiver forms can be handed in with registration or at the first game, no player will be permited to play without a signed waiver form. The waivers are good from October 2009 to October 2010, so if you sign one now we won't ask again until next fall, however that also means you need to fill out a new waiver if you signed one last year.

55 teams and counting signed up thus far a big thanks for the larger than expected interest in the Fall PIT league! We negotiated a later timeslot on some weekends with the Indoor complex to accomodate all teams.

Comment Posted by Tyrone Oct 25, 2009 09:48 PM

What is the discount amount for registration early for a team?

Comment Posted by robert Nov 01, 2009 07:17 AM

Hey, I was wondering how we find out who was our MVP for the first game, cause no one told us at the game. Is it posted somewhere, let me know thanks.

Comment Posted by scott Nov 01, 2009 06:27 PM

MVP of your team was Liam Taylor.

Scott

Comment Posted by jon Nov 02, 2009 04:26 AM

All teams are encouraged to examine game cards after each game for accuracy. If there are any errors on the card they should be cleared up before we enter them. At that point you can also get MVP information. The vast majority of the time the stats that we enter are exactly as written on the card.

For example, if you dispute the fact that you had 3 sacks and the card clearly says 2 sacks the card will be considered accurate. It is the teams responsibility to ensure accuracy before the cards are entered.

Thanks

Comment Posted by rey Nov 02, 2009 04:54 AM

don't forget to count my 'tag' stats. i got screwed out of a whole bunch a couple of years ago.

and why are team names getting more and more stupid?

Comment Posted by Damian Nov 02, 2009 06:25 AM

Communist!

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Nov 02, 2009 01:57 PM

I trust no one. Not even myself.

Comment Posted by robert Nov 03, 2009 02:21 PM

Thanks for the mvp stuff

Comment Posted by rey Nov 04, 2009 07:46 AM

don't call me a communist just because i had more tags than you!

dubs, i suspect you have set a personal precedent that leads you to that conclusion. care to share?

robert, stick to the topic!

Comment Posted by MADD MARDIGAN Nov 04, 2009 01:38 PM

nobody but me can talk to robert like that now you know!

Comment Posted by Damian Nov 05, 2009 12:10 PM

OK Rey, my shirt is off and I am giving you the Care Bear Stare.

Comment Posted by rey Nov 05, 2009 06:15 PM

47 posts! i'm kicking ass!

Comment Posted by C_Moe09 Nov 18, 2009 10:05 AM

when does the next season begin of indoor?

Comment Posted by scott Nov 18, 2009 11:19 AM

Jan 22 is when our next session starts. We have a co-ed tournament followed by the Winter session. We are capping the teams for this due to cost for additional hours. Get your team registered and paid early or you will have to wait for our Spring or Summer sessions.

Scott

Comment Posted by jkull Nov 20, 2009 10:16 AM

Are you going to have 1am games that season too? I hate to say it, but that's a pretty big fail imo, especially considering we were supposed to be playing the games a bit earlier.

Comment Posted by danny Nov 20, 2009 10:48 AM

That's pretty harsh. I don't think I would call it a fail. These guys work their tails off to make this league go. unfortunately in winnipeg and especially in the "soccer complex" that we rent soccer still gets first dibs. I think they have done a great job of just being able to get enough time slots to suuport the growth of the league. Let's congratulate them for the job well done and not nit pick. that being said 1am is ridiculous, but i certainly wouldn't point any fingers or call anyone out for it.

Great work boys. keep it up!

Comment Posted by scott Nov 20, 2009 10:50 AM

Jeff, you sound cranky. Go have a nap and then all will be better! Games do start earlier than last year, but that third spot is quite late. The league owners seemed to take many of those spots to appease the masses ٩͡[๏̯͡๏]۶

Comment Posted by jkull Nov 20, 2009 11:29 AM

I'm not knocking any one person at all, but playing rec sports at 1:15am is pretty brutal. Some of us don't have the luxury of sleeping all day (wife, 3 kids). If you think I'm pointing fingers at any one person, you are sadly mistaken. It's just me saying that 12:45/1:15 is far too late.

Comment Posted by jon Nov 20, 2009 12:58 PM

Rec hockey goes that late, so does ultimate frisbee, and even soccer during the week, and the other league has 12:30 slots so it is not unheard of. Besides for those of us without 3 kids (that we know of) the night is just getting started. Playing basketball at 9:00am is my kind of brutal!

We didn't plan to have the later time slots but a 66% growth rate in just one season is pretty unprecedented. The fact that we now have to cap our league (62 is capacity for the fall, we had to turn away three teams at the deadline) speaks volumes about the need for more facilities like the PIT uses in the city and the product that we put on (shameless plug). We just have to figure out why soccer is so popular in this city so we can start impeding on their time slots (without irritating those hottie soccer girls we enjoy watching so much).

Shameless plug #2: Come Spring session (before the start of outdoor) we have secured prime time indoor football. Football will reign in the complex.

For the players, by the players

Comment Posted by azneer Nov 21, 2009 09:48 AM

Kudos to Jon and Scott for organizing such a great indoor league like the PIT.

Yes the 1:15am time slot sucks but if the demand is there then why not? A 66% growth rate is incredible and that just goes to show you that football is alive and well in this city.

I wonder...

If touch football had a provincial association/organization like that of ultimate (MODS) or soccer (MSA), would we have more pull in securing fields/facilities to play on? Instead, we just have a few leagues to choose from (indoor and outdoor) and it seems like football always get last choice in field selections.

Greg
HFC

Comment Posted by danny Nov 21, 2009 02:22 PM

just for the record, I have 2 kids and a wife. 8 months and 3 years old. I am well aware of the difficulties of playing at 1:15am. :)

Comment Posted by rey Nov 21, 2009 02:44 PM

you have a three year old wife...?

Comment Posted by rey Nov 21, 2009 02:44 PM

49 posts!!!!

Comment Posted by rey Nov 21, 2009 02:45 PM

....or should i say.....50!

Comment Posted by scott Nov 21, 2009 11:50 PM

working on my post total!

Comment Posted by Tyrone Nov 22, 2009 08:46 AM

Haha Scott, i dont think you even need to work on your post total, youv got the second most out of everyone

Comment Posted by scott Nov 22, 2009 05:13 PM

What

Comment Posted by scott Nov 22, 2009 05:13 PM

do

Comment Posted by scott Nov 22, 2009 05:15 PM

you

Comment Posted by scott Nov 22, 2009 05:15 PM

mean

Comment Posted by scott Nov 22, 2009 05:16 PM

Tyrone

Comment Posted by scott Nov 22, 2009 05:16 PM

???? :)

Comment Posted by scott Nov 22, 2009 05:18 PM

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)

Comment Posted by scott Nov 23, 2009 11:26 AM

What is a xtacle?

Comment Posted by scott Nov 23, 2009 11:27 AM

I really don't want you to post an answer due to post counts.

Comment Posted by scott Nov 23, 2009 11:31 AM

The only indoor league that has insurance for the membership!!!

Comment Posted by C_Moe09 Nov 25, 2009 04:31 AM

whats the cost on the winter league

Comment Posted by jon Nov 25, 2009 11:02 AM

Keep posted, it will all be set tonight! We will also have the Fall playoff schedule up on the website by the end of the weekend.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com