Forums » Fields » PIT signs exclusive contract to play games at Maple Grove Rugby Park

Messages for PIT signs exclusive contract to play games at Maple Grove Rugby Park

Comment Posted by League Commissioner Mar 09, 2017 11:00 PM

Maple Grove Rugby Park, Winnipeg's premier outdoor destination for touch football, and the PIT Football League, Canada's largest touch and flag football league have joined forces to host games at Maple Grove for the next three years!

This contract is exclusive to the PIT which means no other touch football organizations will be playing at Maple Grove. The PIT executive is excited about promoting the game of touch football at Winnipeg's best outdoor football fields. The exclusive three year contract allows the PIT use of two fields during weeknights (up from one last year) and one field on weekends with the option of more fields if required. The PIT will also have full use of the park for all playoff games with the exception of the finals, which ideally we will be playing at a certain turfed stadium if all goes well.

In exchange for this commitment Maple Grove has hired a new staff to maintain the fields which will make the best outdoor fields that much better, extended their hours for the lounge, added daily drink specials, and have partnered with the PIT in hosting upcoming events at Maple Grove. Maple Grove Rugby Park is no longer a sponsor of the PIT but rather a full fledged partner in the organization. This partnership which will help us grow the game even more in the Province.

The PIT now has exclusive use of the premier indoor facilities at Garden City and the University of Manitoba to go along with exclusive use of the premier outdoor facility in Maple Grove. This is an exciting development for our membership, especially the south end teams, and will allow the PIT Football league to play nearly double the amount of games at Maple Grove that were hosted last year. Fear not if you are a North field fan, we will hopefully have some great news for you shortly!

The future of the league looks even brighter with today's three year exclusive partnership announcement!

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Mar 11, 2017 09:34 AM

Aawwwwesomerrr....!

Comment Posted by jon Mar 11, 2017 05:28 PM

Thanks Cliff we are very excited about this opportunity to solidify our partnership with the best outdoor facility in the city. The PIT has cornered the market on the two best indoor facilities and now the premier outdoor facility. If you want to play on the best fields, we definitely have them!

Comment Posted by cobras63 Mar 13, 2017 03:34 PM

Did they say whether they'd be ensuring we wouldn't pay entrance fees? I really hate entrance fees. Like, enough to be willing to play at Charing Cross again if it meant I didn't have to pay entrance fees.

Entrance fees are the worst.

Comment Posted by jon Mar 13, 2017 06:24 PM

No entrance fees! Just the best football fields in the city, open lounge and a few perks that we will be releasing soon! I know you aren't a drinker Chris...but they will have gatorades and water on sale (but you probably know my take on bottled water by now) for you to hydrate pre/post and during the game.

Comment Posted by cobras63 Mar 13, 2017 09:11 PM

You had me at "no entrance fees." :)

Comment Posted by Tones23 Apr 14, 2017 12:33 PM

Will they be grading the road entering the fields at all this season... they were and always are in rough condition... should be some sort of arrangement in this exclusive deal

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com