Forums » In the PIT » Games Sunday August 18th

Messages for Games Sunday August 18th

Comment Posted by Scott Aug 18, 2013 10:01 AM

The Sunday schedule are going to be on a game to game basis, "they" say things should be clearing up later this morning, so advise teammates to plan to attend the regularly scheduled match-ups.

Scott

The PIT crews game predictor...

http://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=xwl

Comment Posted by Scott Aug 18, 2013 10:59 AM

The sunshine will be drying up the fields and games should be good for the 12:30 slots, however we did lose the 10:45 games this morning... Reschedules to follow presently.

Comment Posted by Spider Aug 18, 2013 11:03 AM

You're joking right?

Comment Posted by Travers Aug 18, 2013 11:03 AM

Who is this mysterious "they" ?

Comment Posted by Scott Aug 18, 2013 11:24 AM

"They" the on staff PIT meteorologists who shall remain nameless if these predictions don't pan out...

Have faith Maze! The Maples is already starting to clear.

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 18, 2013 11:56 AM

Long time formum viewer, first time post...

I understand that you may have problems rescheduling games so late in the season but who really wants to play/ref on soaked fields and have to deal with possibly more rain today? I think you will have a tough time getting your late afternoon games in, let alone your games at 12:30 (which I'm driving across the city to play)

Marty -NFL Dynasty #7

Comment Posted by Spider Aug 18, 2013 12:23 PM

My God, Scott how do you do it, yes, yes, I see it, the seas,...er skies are parting.
However, it's gonna be soooooo muddy. Do we really want to tear up those fields?
Plus I am nervous.....more rain forcasted for later.......but I believe...In Scott we trust:)

Comment Posted by Scott Aug 18, 2013 12:34 PM

All valid points, the alternative is those nasty 5:45 start time weekday slots which many teams have a tough time making. I believe that John Forsythe and Mcphillips are a go for the 12:30 and Van Wellingham is a game time decision with the accumulation of water. I examined Mchillips Res, while Jon went out to Van Wellingham.

Scott

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 18, 2013 01:50 PM

NFL Dynasty had 9 players show up for the game, our opponents "0"..... Guess they didn't get the memo the games were a go.

Comment Posted by jon Aug 18, 2013 02:06 PM

Teams should always check out the website/twitter page. We have had two defaults today from teams thinking the games weren't going to be played. Both teams will be charged the default fees in this now bright and sunny day...could have been saved the money and had a game played if they would have just spent 1 minute checking!

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by Travers Aug 18, 2013 03:50 PM

Yeeeeah! To all the newbs! Read the PIT site! I know first hand that even if a hurricane is happening outside, that doesn't mean the game is cancelled!

PS- Scott = Nostradamus

Comment Posted by val Aug 18, 2013 04:54 PM

That is all too true Travers, too true...

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com