Forums » In the PIT » Summer Divisions

Messages for Summer Divisions

Comment Posted by tmac44 Apr 07, 2013 11:27 PM

Hey Guys,

We are looking at joining the league for the first time as a team. Some guys have played in the league on different teams in the past. Any idea with the additional divisions how that affects the level of play by division? IE. If a team played in Division 7 last year, do you expect that team to still be a Div 7 team, or with the additional divisons (and more teams) does a the skill level by division also increase, thus making that team now a Div 8 team? Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated to try and determine what division will make the most sense for us.

Thanks,

Tim

Comment Posted by barracudas Apr 08, 2013 09:12 AM

Anything 5 and above is super competitive - join at your own risk and come if you like getting slaughtered or can bring your A game
6-7 is intermediate - come if you like a good beating once in a while or can bring the beat down
8 bridges on intermediate/casual - come if you like to go out only with your tail behind your legs and can get revenge
9-10 is a mix bag and is for casual/competitive - fisty cuffs here, no guns, no knives, just fisty cuffs

Comment Posted by Travers Apr 08, 2013 11:52 AM

That is the best descrpiton of anything I have ever read!

Comment Posted by cobras63 Apr 08, 2013 01:17 PM

I'm taking credit for Hoan's description because, well, I'm like that. So, you're welcome, Travers. :P

Comment Posted by jon Apr 08, 2013 01:50 PM

Hi Tim,

We do expect an increase in registration this year both in part to the increase in the number of teams who have picked up the game in recent years and the problems that have plagued the other outdoor leagues during the same time period. While the influx of teams should add to the parity of the league we always strive to ensure that each team is placed in a division of comparable skill. I would suggest registering in a similar division to what you played last year in the PIT unless your team was at the top of the division or bottom. If that is the case then move up/down a division as necessary. Ideally we would like to move the top 2-3 teams up, the bottom 2-3 teams down and the teams in the middle would remain in the same divisions as last year.

As for other teams who didn't play PIT last year we currently suggesting to them to register a couple of divisions lower than they were in their other leagues. The PIT has a higher caliber of play in the top divisions and as a result most new teams may be out of their league (pun not intended).

Cheers

Jon

Comment Posted by Travers Apr 08, 2013 02:44 PM

I dont know if Hoan would be happy with you taking credit for his hilarious description of the divisions. Shame on you! Would you still take credit if it was unfunny though?

Comment Posted by tmac44 Apr 08, 2013 02:57 PM

Thanks,

I had a reasonable idea of where we probably fit, but thought best to ask.

Tim

Comment Posted by cobras63 Apr 08, 2013 08:32 PM

I definitely wouldn't, of course. I'm not a fool. If Hoan says something unfunny, that's on him; if he makes you laugh, I helped.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com