Forums » In the PIT » PIT Football site trivia

Messages for PIT Football site trivia

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 18, 2012 12:46 PM

The PIT football storage area is quite full, so I thought I would pass some of our Shwag on to the membership.

The Winner of question 1 will receive a PIT Championship shirt in the size of his, or her choice.

Question 1 :Where on the site can there be found a rest in peace "RIP"? There may be a few locations, please be very specific.

PIT Crew

Comment Posted by Neil McK Sep 18, 2012 01:05 PM

Under the weather machine tab!! On the zombie level alert video

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 18, 2012 01:43 PM

I was fairly certain that particular trivia question would take more than a few minutes to have an answer. OK Neil you rock...begrudgingly I say this. Name your size, and I'll add it to your arsenal of PIT wear.

I'll wait until later tonight to post another trivia question.

enjoy in the meantime: http://www.pitfootball.com/menu/the-weather-machine

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 18, 2012 03:04 PM

What significance does October 30, 2010 have to the PIT touch football league? I will need a catchphrase to award the winner his, or her shirt!!!

PIT Crew

Comment Posted by NickTrinder Sep 18, 2012 03:25 PM

2010 Annual Hallway Race owen wins "Live in fear till next year D!!!!"

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 18, 2012 04:07 PM

Funny stuff, although it isn't the correct answer, I may give a shirt to the best fictional answer!! Nick that may be tough to beat.

Scott

Comment Posted by captainwoody Sep 19, 2012 07:21 AM

"For the players, by the players". Wasn't it Oct 30 2008 where the inaugural PIT Indoor League was started?

Neal

Comment Posted by steve8 Sep 19, 2012 07:47 AM

"the counters of awesomness" the number of homepage hits.

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 19, 2012 12:45 PM

Mr Steve Nabess has the correct answer! Steve will receive a PIT shirt in the very near future.

The counters of awesomeness have been collecting site date for just under two years, and as you can see we are approaching 330,000 page hits on the PIT website. Quite the traffic to spread the word for any current or potential sponsor of the PIT! Anyone interested in advertising within the PIT site can contact Jon or myself and make a pitch detailing what you can offer our membership, which is well over 2000 strong.

I'll post the next trivia after supper.

Scott

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 19, 2012 01:31 PM

This one should be fairly easy. From the corner of Portage and Main, which PIT football field is the farthest from these coordinates? Once again a PIT football shirt is the prize.

Scott

Comment Posted by gchan Sep 19, 2012 02:02 PM

Optimist 1

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 19, 2012 02:14 PM

Mr. Chan you disappoint me greatly!!! I thought of all people you should be one of the PIT family members that would get this one.... Try again people, but Greg has been eliminated (hunched over a chair, destroyed) from this particular question.

Distraught PIT Crew

Comment Posted by gchan Sep 19, 2012 02:30 PM

I only have those two Optimist fields in my sights right now. I need to be glorified with a championship or two this season!

Comment Posted by sanders21 Sep 19, 2012 02:38 PM

grand beach haha worth a try it's listed on the field locations

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 19, 2012 02:58 PM

Good one Chris, you are correct. I was so disappointed with Greg Chan's answer because he actually played in that PIT tournament. He may not remember much, if any according to this visual evidence from our image gallery (thanks for being a good sport on this one Greg): http://www.pitfootball.com/albums/310-grand-beach-tournament-the-aftermath

Chris Silva wins with the correct answer and Greg Chan wins because of his "Eye of the Tiger"(Rocky Fame)answer (Greg, you may want to include East Side Eagles on your field radar as well).

Scott

Comment Posted by gchan Sep 19, 2012 03:14 PM

Oh man I was physically at that tourney but I have no recollection of it. Good times!

And ESE field is definitely on my radar but one game at a time.

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 19, 2012 03:46 PM

I'll post the last Trivia question of the day in about a hour, so check back just before ten. In the meantime you could check out some PIT crew wear we had made up here: http://www.pitfootball.com/albums/526-pit-wear

We may be convinced to sell these items at cost in the future if the membership was interested, currently these are reserved for the top referees in the country.

Scott

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 19, 2012 04:41 PM

Where on the site can you find "Ghosts" a single ghost doesn't count, and of course the Zombies have already been eliminated. This 80's trivia can land you a PIT football shirt.
Here's a motivational video to help prepare you: http://

Scott

Comment Posted by catalyst Sep 19, 2012 04:58 PM

Pacman on the arcade page?

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 19, 2012 05:10 PM

Yes Sir! Clearly Aaron Glawson, and all the other PIT membership that have answered these questions correctly have an excellent handle on the PIT site. Aaron will receive a PIT shirt in the very near future. I should be able to put another trivia question up by mid afternoon, so check back to win more PIT shwag!!

For the Players, by the Players

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 20, 2012 08:38 AM

Name all the movie clips and television shows featured in this very phone call. The winner will receive a PIT shirt in his or her choice of size.

The head office of the PIT touch football league received a very disturbing call earlier today....Good morning Dana.

http://

We worked it out!!

PIT Crew

Comment Posted by sanders21 Sep 20, 2012 09:21 AM

Sopranos, Entourage, Money Ball, Anchor Man, Jerry McQuire, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Tropic Thunder and Goodfellas

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 20, 2012 12:17 PM

Chris Silva rocks in movie, television trivia. Chris wins his second PIT shirt in this session of trivia.

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 20, 2012 12:28 PM

This next question is only open to anyone who has never posted on the PIT site before. Anyone else who knows the answer can post something that would be indecipherable to the vast majority. Once again the prize available is a PIT shirt in his or her size.

Who is "The King of Vegas", and it isn't this guy!!!

Comment Posted by jon Sep 20, 2012 03:40 PM

Mr. Vegas or "King of Vegas"?

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 20, 2012 03:45 PM

Correction, King of Vegas!!!

Comment Posted by Alzies Sep 20, 2012 04:08 PM

Owen Nagy

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 20, 2012 04:18 PM

Allan Desaulniers, since that was your 12th post, I can only assume your "HINT" to the membership of Owen Nagy had no intentions of giving away the answer of Owen Nagy???
Owen can be found in the PIT football's contact page: http://www.pitfootball.com/contacts

Owen also holds the position of Chief Mixologist!!!

PIT Crew

Comment Posted by Neil McK Sep 21, 2012 12:32 PM

I would trade my shirt for one of those toques! Just in case you were wondering!

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 22, 2012 06:51 AM

This Trivia questions answer is fairly in depth, so the person closest to the correct (most complete) response will win a PIT Championship shirt, size of his or her choice!

The PIT touch football league is highly confident that we have the best trained officials in Manitoba, dare we say Canada (according to observations made by ownership, membership, and commentary of other National level touch football clubs). What has the PIT touch football league done to develop and retain the best and most qualified referees in the country?

The "Shantytown incident" at the university of Manitoba has to be included in all responses!!!!

This may have been played that night, kinda a theme song...

Comment Posted by Premier "BIG" Man Sep 22, 2012 05:23 PM

Feed them copius amounts of booze at years end?

Comment Posted by Scott Sep 22, 2012 06:11 PM

Darren wins!!!

Comment Posted by Premier "BIG" Man Sep 24, 2012 08:20 AM

Great! Now I can stop walking around topless.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com