Forums » Fields » Algate Park

Messages for Algate Park

Comment Posted by jon May 09, 2010 02:46 PM

Thanks to Nolan "Nolby Calet", Derrick "More Beer" Yuel, Kanwal, Ryan "5000 Points" Harbour, and the PIT's resident Mixologist Owen "King of Vegas" Nagy for helping aerate, thatcher, fertilize, and cut Algate Park in preparation for the season. We can't buy enough beer to make up for hauling 20 yards of soil onto the field. No thanks to Damian McKenzie who road his bicycle around while we were doing work!

2 fields down, 1 to go. River Elm should be getting the manicure treatment in the next day or two weather permitting. All fields will go into full rotation starting in June.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by jon May 17, 2010 10:26 AM

Algate Park pics up. http://www.pitfootball.com/albums/283

Thanks to everyone who helped get the field ready for the season! 20 yards of soil is a hell of a lot of work.

Comment Posted by jon Jun 07, 2010 07:53 PM

Aldgate Park goes into usage tonight. After a long day of working/tanning in the sun, the PIT can show off its wares: http://pitfootball.com/albums/288. Took a while to change the field over from its "Tattooine" likeness but now it is up to PIT standards. A little fertilizer and some TLC goes a long way! Enjoy.

Comment Posted by jon Jun 21, 2010 08:23 AM

Algate Park was cut just before all the rain a couple of days ago, in addition Scott got up before all the games went yesterday and put down sod in the centre of the field where it was starting to get beat up. A tough job, but we promised attention to detail!

A reminder that we are rotating our fields, so Sherbo and Aldgate go out of rotation this week, and starting next week we are at Little Mountain and River Elm. The Sherbo/Aldgate fields will be left to recover for three weeks before we use them again. Only in the PIT!

Comment Posted by jon Jul 20, 2010 09:21 PM

Aldgate was mowed and given some minor aeration on Tuesday ahead of last nights games. We were also able to line the fields "Kenny Hunter" style, with all the yard markings, player boxes, hash marks, and attention to detail only found in the PIT. The lining was so good it made a grown man cry! Check out our handiwork here: http://pitfootball.com/albums/299-aldgate-park-july-21st-2010

There is also a couple of picks from last nights HFC and Love Assault game. Someone please tell me what is going on in the last picture. It makes no sense.

Keep posted for our updates on other fields as we start to get them in game shape for the back end of the season. Viscount Alexander gets 'manicured' Friday, River Elm gets 20 yards of soil Saturday, and our yet unveiled field if all goes well gets lined early next week.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by azneer Jul 21, 2010 04:22 AM

The field was spectacular to play on last night. Leaps and bounds better than the first time we played on here (coincidentally against Love Assault too) exactly a month ago.

In that last pic, Jeremy is flapping his arms trying to fly... as that's the only way he's going to catch me. Word.

Greg
HFC

Comment Posted by scott Jul 21, 2010 09:59 AM

Congrats Greg, at two posts you are no longer just a voyeur in the PIT! How many of you check the site 3 times a day keep up with the touch football politics in the city??

Scott

Comment Posted by jon Jul 21, 2010 10:23 AM

Ha ha. Thanks for the props Greg. Since we are the only league to own and operate field maintenance equipment/field liner we hope that our fields continue to progress. If you remember the center of the field was in a low-lying area with no grass. Scott went and built the center up and sodded it, which has come in quite nicely. We also have a policy to rest our fields for three weeks in between usage to ensure the fields don't get beat up. The fields, weather permitting, should only get better with time.

199 posts ahead of Scott "double rainbow" McArthur

Comment Posted by scott Jul 21, 2010 10:37 AM

Two hundred posts ahead "What does this mean" In a sobbing excited voice!

Scott

Comment Posted by azneer Jul 22, 2010 04:16 AM

3 times a day??

I'm probably on here 3 times an hour. I'm mesmerized by that spinning football.

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 22, 2010 06:30 AM

ok, i did a quick check and the number of posts never seem to change automatically? are these being manipulated? This smacks of communism..Rey! Rey! are u out there.....do you see this? Marxist leninist propoganda...Rey...help us out here....

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Jul 22, 2010 06:32 AM

oh! my posts just increased by one.....sorry bout all that propoganda crap....better go for lunch.....

Comment Posted by Harbs Jul 22, 2010 06:46 AM

Yeah, where has Rey been? "We need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without you. I miss you so damn much. I miss being with you, I miss being near you. I miss your laugh. I miss your scent; I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together."

Comment Posted by scott Aug 09, 2010 09:47 AM

Last week Aldgate got some topsoil spread between the hashes and in the area that got the sod earlier in the season. Thanks to Damian M who donated the topsoil and compost fertilizer after finishing his home landscaping project.

For the Players by the Players

Comment Posted by Damian Aug 10, 2010 05:16 PM

It's really amazing after storing in a box for 6 months that Poop can look like dirt.
Watch your step at Aldgate.

For the Players by the Players.

Comment Posted by jon Sep 01, 2010 09:08 PM

After a three week period to let the field rest, Aldgate Park comes back into rotation. Aldgate Park was lined, and given all the PIT extras before the monsoon hit yesterday. Hopefully the lines stick. As we move into the last weeks of the season Aldgate Park gets its final usage before getting rested again until next summer. Check out the handiwork here: http://www.pitfootball.com/albums/318-adgate-park-september-1st

Enjoy

Comment Posted by Scott May 20, 2011 10:26 AM

The PIT crew is having 20 yards of soil deliver by one of the PIT's sponsors, Ron Paul Garden Center this Monday May 23rd. www.ronpaulgardencentre.com Please see them for all your gardening needs!

We are looking for a few able bodied people who are willing to lend a hand throwing earth on an already gorgeous touch football field. We have our PIT truck and trailer waiting in the wings, and this Summer season Harlo Larkin has added his front loader to the mix for our weapon arsenal( See Harlo for quotes for removal of soil and snow). We fully expect that this brute of a machine should cut down time, and labour requirements by about one third. After helping out on Monday, your arms may get so well developed that operating your car may become difficult, and an accident may occur. Don't worry because Rod from www.maaco.com will help with all your mechanical and auto body repair needs!

Tactfully inform the old lady that you are most certainly making another team for 2012 because you can't get enough of touch football, but only do it while enjoying a Five star meal at our favorite Italian cuisine restaurant within our fair city www.amiciwpg.com

Three weeks later we will bring the field into our regular rotation and will have another top Winnipeg field for our memberships league play.

Summer 2010 pics http://www.pitfootball.com/albums/318-adgate-park-september-1st

Contact one of us if you are available to lend a hand.

Jon 223-5912
Scott 229-6266

We brought back the Jets, vote PIT football in your next election..

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com