Forums » In the PIT » Adopt a Greyhound

Messages for Adopt a Greyhound

Comment Posted by jon Jan 26, 2010 06:08 PM

The PIT league has jumped on board with what we believe is an important cause that not only will help out animals in need but also bring a pet into your home. Recently 18 greyhounds were rescued from a greyhound racetrack in the United States where they would have been put down by owners who felt they were no longer profitable. All dogs are purebred, have all of their shots, and are in good health. Apparently these dogs are the ultimate family pet as they are good with kids and other animals, and bred to be not only hearty but calm and obedient. They live indoors, don't like the cold, and prefer lying on the couch to running (which basically sums up pretty much everybody I know).

Anyone interested in making an addition to their family and adopting one (or more) of these greyhounds can go to the following website to learn more about the dogs and the adoption process: www.hispeedhounds.com Hi-Speed Hounds is a nonprofit greyhound rescue and adoption program that travels throughout North America rescuing just a few of the 40,000 Greyhounds which are put down each year at greyhound racetracks.

Ideally all 18 greyhounds find a good home courtesy of some players in the PIT.

Comment Posted by scott Jan 27, 2010 09:31 AM

One of my best friends has a greyhound cross, Kiki is the sweetest dog you could ask for.

You can't change the world by adopting one greyhound, but you can change the world for that one greyhound.

Scott

Comment Posted by jon Jan 27, 2010 01:16 PM

Also keep in mind that according to Brant (our resident zombie expert and sister zombie alert station attendant in Switzerland) a greyhound may be your first warning against impending zombie attacks.

Comment Posted by future Jan 28, 2010 01:04 AM

would one of these greyhounds be an eligible rusher?

Comment Posted by jon Jan 28, 2010 08:15 AM

If you can get him to sign a waiver form. 0 - 45 mph in just two steps, crazy. I laughed when I read on the www.hispeedhounds.com website "don't walk your greyhound without a leash, if it runs you will NEVER catch it!"

Jon

Comment Posted by Damian Jan 29, 2010 01:32 PM

Meow!

Comment Posted by jon Jan 29, 2010 02:00 PM

Damian you are mistaking cats for dogs, just like you mistook Lion Heart as a care bear (lions are clearly not bears). His name is Brave Heart and he is a care bear cousin.

Please get your animal facts straight before posting. Consult Mike Brownridge if you would like to know who would win in a fight to the death, Scott or Brave Heart.

Jon

Comment Posted by scott Jan 29, 2010 02:23 PM

it had to be done......

http://

Comment Posted by Owen Jan 29, 2010 02:55 PM

Do we know how big brave heart is? or his weight? Is 5 times stronger then a human? Would his stare just make scott happy?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com