Forums » In the PIT » Little Mountain Sportsplex

Messages for Little Mountain Sportsplex

Comment Posted by scott May 11, 2009 10:59 AM

Little Mountain Sportsplex facility.

There will be a $2 charge per person or $5 charge per car this year (Team RV). In turn the PIT and Little Mountain will be aerating the fields on or before May 15, and fertilizing the fields during our first week of the season. Little Mountain will have the grass cut weekly or as needed. Although our league is modest in size we will be rotating between two fields to give the best game day experience within the city. The fields will be lined very regularly, which will include nearly all markings of a CFL field, this includes being 150 yards by 65 yards without the safety hazard of goal-posts nor the requirement of picking up/returning pads (a few extra graphics will also be stencilled, please contact me if you are in the sign business). Included in the gate fee receipt will be a nightly draw of approximately $200 dollars in cash or prizes. The Little Mountain Sportplex restaurant has committed to being open after PIT games to provide a full menu of great food. Service is promised to be swift and the beers to be cold!

Little Mountain has waived all gate charges during ALL weekend games, and selected weekday times will also be waived. All PIT members are responsible to abide by all park rules and policies including the gate fee. LMS will be monitoring teams to ensure park rules and policies will be obeyed. Teams will be fined $50 for disobeying the parking policies. The PIT fields are located closest to the interior road of the facility which will both more convenient for players and make gate fee violations evident.

The PIT would have liked to negotiate free parking, but a middle ground had to be found. Your team has joined an elite-calibre league emphasizing superior Field, Referee, and competition quality. This comes at a cost!

The PIT endeavours to produce the best football game day experience.

Thanks for your support,

Scott McArthur
Jon Franklin

Comment Posted by Snatch May 12, 2009 06:10 AM

Just a question...

if the two options were paid parking and free parking, (one desired by the facility, and one desired by the league and it's members), then how is paying a "middle ground"? Wouldnt that pretty much be all the way on their side of the ground?

Derek
#10 South Side Trojans

Comment Posted by jon May 12, 2009 06:35 AM

Aeration, watering, fertilizer, grass cutting at league request, field maintenance, open bar and grill after all league games, and two field rotation = $2.00 charge.

Jon

Comment Posted by Snatch May 15, 2009 07:50 AM

Not arguing why we pay. Not even saying i'm against it. I understand that in our capatalist society things we like cost money. My point simply is that paying for parking cannot be described as a middle ground. Its more of a relinquishment. Middle ground implies compromise, and we have none. Little mountain says pay $2, we pay $2. No compromise at all. And lastly, there are open bars & grills all over this city, none of which require me to pay $2 to park so that is hardly a selling point.

Derek Persad
#10 South Side Trojans
#3 Shit Disturber.

hahaha.

Comment Posted by Damian May 15, 2009 10:17 AM

I don't like it either but........
Derek if you don't want to pay, you could either walk or ride a bike to the game.
People who have been playing baseball there for years have been paying to play there. I was paying $1 7 years ago.

See you on the field
Damian

Comment Posted by Snatch May 15, 2009 10:49 AM

That's because baseball is gay. Also no point. If you're dumb enough to play baseball, you're dumb enough to be convinced to pay to have your car sit in a field for an hour in the middle of nowhere.

And Damian, I see what you're trying to do. I could sprint to the game, from Selkirk, and you still wouldnt be able to cover me when i got there. muahahhaha.

Derek Persad
#10 South Side Trojans
#2 Shit Disturber (I'm moving up)

Comment Posted by militiamember May 15, 2009 12:35 PM

would i still have to pay the gate admission if i road my bike?

Comment Posted by Damian May 15, 2009 04:54 PM

Cut across a field with your bike?

Derek we'll see in a couple of weeks.

Comment Posted by geoff May 16, 2009 05:41 AM

So what it looks like, is maybe Scott and Jon made some promises to teams that we'd have the best fields in the entire universe of touch football. Then, after they had committed, something or other happened and it looked like their best option (maybe not their initial plan) was going to be Little Mountain. Little Mountain, not being a charity, realized they had an opportunity to make a buck and now we, the players (and yes, for the players), will have to pay for parking. Hopefully Scott and Jon have some ability to enforce LM's promises and we'll all be very happy. We didn't come over from WTFL with the understanding that we'd be paying for parking, and that kind of sucks. BUT, we did come over knowing that Scott and Jon know which end is up and know how to run a good league. So I'm happy to make lemonade out of lemons, realizing that our league fees were a bit lower, and we're not likely going to have to come to a meeting in fall to get refunds, we're going to do our bit for the earth and carpool. Now what would be really nice is if there could be some shelter out there for the wives and kiddies. And I'm with Derek about baseball. Slowpitch, on the other hand...

Comment Posted by the ryan May 16, 2009 05:58 PM

This whining is silly. If anyone remembers 2 years ago, the WTFL managed to work in free parking. With that free parking came nothing. Altho i do remember crap loads of complaints about the fields not being cut, being as hard and dry as a parking lot, and not even having a place to buy a gatorade, never mind a beer or anything to eat, before or after a game. I guarantee you that if Jon and Scott managed to get a free parking deal, many of the same people on this post would be on here in three weeks complaining about the shitty field quality and lack of beer/drink availability.
Everyone who has issue with a $2 charge should declare a cease-fire for a few weeks and just see how things turn out. It may turn out to be well worth the 2 dollars. Or just have your team meet five minutes away and car pool there. then its 50 cents a game.

Ryan ( the eternal optimist)

Comment Posted by dubblezeero May 17, 2009 12:40 PM

Hey, anyone remember Buehler park?? We paid to get in that cow patty cattail park, we will be much better off at LMS.

Hang in there and let the games go on and make your determination after a good dose of games there. And if it really irks you to pay $2 or you dont have $2, do like i did back in the day when i went to the all nighter drive in on the long w/e's, hide in the trunk!!

Come to think of it...it is a long w/e..hey anyone want to go to the drive in tonight...free if you hide in the trunk...oh sh*t, they closed 'er down....

later......

Cliff

Comment Posted by vwoody May 19, 2009 03:05 AM

Are we still talkin about 2 f^ckin dollars? Are we really? Anybody on here play hockey in the winter?

Comment Posted by Shadrackc Jun 02, 2009 06:52 AM

2003 Chevy Suburban purchased during "recession" $12,000
PIT Football registration for team $1,350
Price per carload into LMP $5
Packing the whole team in the truck Priceless

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com