Forums » Sponsors of the PIT » Boston Pizza Spring 2015 Player of the Week Award

Messages for Boston Pizza Spring 2015 Player of the Week Award

Comment Posted by jon Apr 15, 2015 09:43 AM

Boston Pizza is back sponsoring the PIT membership for the duration of the Spring 2015 season. Boston Pizza has generously provided a personal pizza to enjoy at any of Winnipeg's Boston Pizza locations to the player deemed to have exemplified sportsmanship, dedication, and mad skillz each Friday night.

The first winner of the Boston Pizza POW award is Andrea Tyler who lit up opening weekend. Andrea played in three games on Friday, all victories on route to putting up 38 points! At 10:15 Andrea led She-Unit to a 32-6 victory over their sister team She-Unit II scoring 13 points in the process. At 11:15, Andrea scored 19 points in No Crying in Baseballs 31-24 barn burner over Medical Whiskey. Lastly she jumped on the shorthanded Squirrels team at 12:15 scoring a touchdown and leading them to a 26-13 victory over Reebok Choy. Three straight games, three straight victories, almost 13 points per game. Not a bad Friday night!

Andrea is paving the way for the ladies in the PIT...just like Sam Gordan!

Give cooking the finger and hit up Boston Pizza after your games for some great team specials on pizzas and beer.

Congrats Andrea, your Boston Pizza GC will be attached to a future game card.

Comment Posted by jon Apr 21, 2015 05:07 PM

The second winner of the Boston Pizza POW award is Nick Mulvey of Gym Class Heroes. The Heroes had a tough weekend going 0-3 but Nick did his best to keep his team in contention, throwing for four touchdowns and adding two sacks on Friday night. The Heroes chose to jump up a few divisions in skill in the Spring after have a great showing in the Winter. While their start isn't perhaps what they had hoped for, ideally the learning experience will make this team that much better.

The Gym Class Heroes are young and have the skill, now they just have to get the "chess" match part of touch football and they will be a team that will continue to contend in the future.

Nick can give cooking the finger and hit up Boston Pizza after his next game for some great team specials on pizzas and beer.

Comment Posted by jon Apr 25, 2015 03:03 AM

Week 3 saw some great action in the PIT and some close games, included in which was two great performances by Tim Maguire.

In the early game Tim threw three touchdown passes for the NWO in a 27-24 victory over Patalia Island. Tim then followed up that victory by delivering two more TD passes and hauling in two interceptions for the Large Pepperoni Boys who were edged by Midlife Crisis. With those games in the history books Tim moved into 3rd in TD passes in Div 9 and sixth in TD passes in Div 10.

The question now is, can Tim become one of the legends of the game? Will Tim be a PIT player 4 life?

Tim can give cooking the finger and hit up Boston Pizza after his next game for some great team specials on pizzas and beer. Maybe a large pepperoni for the large pepperonis?

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by jon May 02, 2015 03:13 AM

Week 4 saw the "un-retirement" of Donny Desaulniers who donned the football jersey for the first time in quite some time!

The Cleveland Tigers called out the big guns and Donny took off the ref jersey to suit up against the Rock Island Independents. Not only did Donny play some lock down defense, patrolling the short middle of the field, Donny also caught a back of the end zone toe tapping touchdown to keep the Tigers in the game. Donny retired again after the game, waiting for the next call and the next big TD catch.

Here is a promo Donny cut in his prime.

We also have some pictures of Donny doing his thing here: http://pitfootball.com/albums/720-the-donny

Donny can give cooking the finger and hit up Boston Pizza after his next reffing assignments! Congratulate the man when you see him next!

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by CP2OCHO May 02, 2015 05:22 PM

DONNY DONNY DONNY

Comment Posted by santos12 May 03, 2015 06:26 AM

I heard about this legend but didn't believe it till I saw it with my own eyes.
Donny is a beast!! better than Al! hahah

Comment Posted by tccool May 03, 2015 09:42 PM

I thought my eyes were broken when I saw Don wearing a shirt that wasn't black and white.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com