Forums » In the PIT » Pick up your Trash

Messages for Pick up your Trash

Comment Posted by jon Jul 08, 2013 01:39 AM

I played the last game at John Forsyth tonight and was rather disgusted by the sheer number of water/gatorade bottles left on the field. Thanks to Neil McKernan and the rest of the Walking Dead team who filled a garbage bag full of trash after just one weekend at the field. It is in our contract with the city that we must clean up after games or risk losing the fields. You would not throw trash out your car window, or throw it in your yard, so why wouldn't you pick up after yourselves following games?

We were also told by the referees at McPhillips Athletic Grounds that piles of trash had been left after the games today. We will be asking referees to monitor teams and we will fine teams that do not pick up their trash after games. We cannot lose any fields if we want the league to continue.

Your cooperation is expected and appreciated.

Why anyone in this day and age still buys bottle water simply boggles my mind. People must have more money than brains.
http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/stories/5-reasons-not-to-drink-bottled-water

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by bigern Jul 08, 2013 11:36 AM

Well said.
I would add that, as captains, we are used to "guiding" our team. Let's guide our players to pick up their crap at the end of each game until it becomes a habit... and as a last resort we should be picking up our team's stuff and dumping it ourselves.
I don't like the idea of that either but the alternative is worse.

Chris

The Dead Zone

Comment Posted by cobras63 Jul 09, 2013 09:05 AM

I'm puzzled that such a thing even needs to be said. What, are we all 4?

Jon, we've bought bottled water because it was 400 degrees out there and a couple of guys forgot or something. Anyway, there ARE some good reasons to buy water. It would suck if it was needed and not available... Right?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com