Forums » In the PIT » The Fall 2012 Playoff Schedule

Messages for The Fall 2012 Playoff Schedule

Comment Posted by Scott Nov 30, 2012 03:22 PM

The Schedule for the 2012 Playoffs has been released, you can use the navigation window under the "Season Schedule" or simply use this convenient link: http://www.pitfootball.com/seasons/994-fall-indoor-2012/games/playoffs

Please make sure to locate the appropriate division in which you are competing for a PIT title, and clear your schedule!!

The Winter Season registration officially opens tomorrow December 1st, and is the same cost as the fall season $670.00
The PIT league Winter Season will be sold out well before the registration ends, so please make arrangments asap.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by jon Dec 09, 2012 10:40 AM

The Fall Season is quickly coming to a close and the playoffs begin this coming Saturday. See below for a list teams in the playoffs and tiebreaker scenarios for the Divisions Elite through 9. Scott will have the tiebreaker scenarios up for Divisions 10 through 17 shortly. For a complete listing of the most up-to-date playoff schedule hit up the link here: http://www.pitfootball.com/seasons/994-fall-indoor-2012/games/playoffs

Elite:
Avengers (1) vs Doggs (2)

Division 1:
Guild of Calamitous Intent (1) vs Iced Earth (2)

Division 2:
Anachronism (1) vs Jeffery (4)
Dream Team (2) vs Woodys (3)
Anachronism ties Dream Team however Anachronism wins the tiebreaker due to their head-to-head victory during the during the regular season. The Jeffery and Woodys finished tied in standings but Woodys gets the higher seed due to their better head-to-head record versus common opponents (2-2 vs 1-3).

Division 3:
Division 3 is completely up for grabs and will come down to the final day of the season with all 4 teams within 2 points of first and/or last place! We do know the teams competing for the Division 3 title: Furry Wall, LW United, Brewers, and Bondiddy Bengals.

Division 4:
Division 4 will also come down to the final weekend. The teams relegated to Division 4 include: What’s Old is New, Slobberknockers, Decepticons, and Bayside Tigers, it is now a matter of who finishes where.

Division 5:
Moss Hand (1) vs Barracudas (4)
You Can’t Coach (2) vs Free Agents (3)
A Three way tie for first place between Moss Hand, You Can’t Coach That, and the Free Agents. Each team had a win and a loss in their head-to-head games so plus/minus in those games was used as the tiebreaker. Just to show how even this division was, all three head-to-head games went into overtime!!!! Moss Hands gets first place with a measly +/- of +2! With that tiebreaker decided You Can’t Touch This finishes second by virtue of their head-to-head OT victory over Free Agents.
Another three way tie occurred for 4th place which each of Solid Oak, Barracudas and Beercats finishing with 1-4 records. Beercats get eliminated by defaulting a game during the regular season (seriously how do you default an indoor game???). Barracudas slip into the playoffs by beating Solid Oak during the regular season.

Division 6:
U Can’t Touch This (1) vs ???
U Can’t Touch This is guaranteed first place for playoffs but the final three seeds will be decided this coming Friday.

Division 7:
The Filthy Few (1) vs ???
Like Division 6 only the top seed is decided with the remaining teams dukeing it out for playoff seeding this coming weekend.

Division 8:
Another division down to the wire with no teams having wrapped up a playoff seed. The Tribe, Da Beers, and Exploding Katchulas are in we just don’t know how the chips will fall until next week.

Division 9:
Deep Punts (1) vs ???
Appetite for TDs (2) vs Diving Snatch (3)
The top seeds are decided but the winner of Bad Newz Kennels (elite) and THCFC will decided the final playoff seed this coming Friday.

Comment Posted by Scott Dec 09, 2012 04:23 PM

Division 10:
This highly competitive division is the tightest race in PIT history! All four teams that qualified for the playoffs have a 3-2 record, however both the Hurricanes and Rhinos had 2 victories in these matches compared to 1 which Super Friends and Beast Mode had. The Hurricanes took the division with the head to head win over the Rhinos. The battle for 3rd place will go to Beast Mode who had the head to head victory over Super Friends.

Hurricanes (1) vs Super Friends (4)
Rhinos (2) vs Beast Mode (3)

Division 11:
The Mega Powers (1) vs (4) ?
? (2) vs (3) ?

Division 12:
Gangnam Style (1) vs (4) Mudhogs
Deadliest Catch (2) vs (3) Night Knights

Division 13:
Spetznaz will take top seed in the Division, while Going Postal will retain the second seed regardless how the final game of the season turns out for Maclin your Girl, and Manchild United FC. The third and fourth playoff spots will be fought for by Maclin, Manchild and the Nijas of Paris.

Spetznaz (1) vs Ninjas in Paris
Going Postal (2) vs Maclin your chick

Division 14:
The Greed Smurfs take first place with a perfect 5-0 record, the Ray-Vens are good for second place, who will be playing the Cobras which earned the third spot, and Mayhem will slip into the fourth playoff spot due to the head to head record of +8, compared to +4 of Punjbbawockeez, and -12 of the Implication.

Greed Smurfs (1) vs Mahyhem (4)
Ray-Vens (2) vs Cobras (3)

Division 15:
All we know is the Untouchables, The Rouge, Bad Newz Kennels, and the Pylons all make the playoffs. The seeding will be determined when all teams have completed their schedules.

Division 16:
Beer Hawks earn top spot in the division, followed by We are Marshall's wife who won the regular season game over Old Skool, and Section Slosh make the playoffs with the same record of Kick Butkus but having the regular season win of 30-6.

Beer Hawks (1) vs (4) Section Slosh
We are Marshall's wife (2) vs Old Skool (3)

Division 17:
The TD twisters took the division, followed by the Usual Suspects, and the battle for third was decided by the Rolling 7's beating the Demon Llamas in the regular season 18-8.

TD twisters (1) Demon Llamas (4)
The Usual Suspects (2) vs Rolling 7's (3)

Comment Posted by Scott Dec 11, 2012 02:24 PM

All the games that have determined opponents have been posted on the website, and playoff "team and division holders" can also be seen in our playoff schedule here: http://www.pitfootball.com/seasons/994-fall-indoor-2012/games/playoffs

As playoff seeding is determined the games will be posted.

PIT Crew

Comment Posted by gwizicane72 Dec 12, 2012 06:13 AM

Hey,

not complaining at all here, but just questioning the seeding in division 2. i see your explanation but i do have a couple questions/comments.

#1 - Should the Jeffery be punished for winning against a div 1 team?

#2 - I know this is a different situation because of the crossovers, but this tiebreak is not in the indoor rules tiebreak section, and had this been to make the playoffs, i am pretty sure the Jeffery would not be too happy missing the playoffs when they would have made it based on the tiebreak rules posted on the site.

I would just suggest that this is updated to be very clear as to what the tiebreak rules are, even if this is an exception because of crossover games.

Maybe i have missed this on the site as well, but from what i have read regarding the rules, i show the Jeffery should have been third. Again this if anything helps my team, so i am just making an observation here, as i was surprised to see that we were ranked third

Comment Posted by Scott Dec 12, 2012 08:30 AM

Hey Neil, with the Division 1 and 2 being combined during the regular season, we had a situation where the Woodys and the Jeffery teams did not play each other (six team divisions would never have this issue), so the tiebreaker was decided by teams that they both played which gave us the fairest way to evaluate these common head to head type games. The Woodys had the better record in these head to head games, and the better plus minus, thus the PIT league is confident that this is the best way to evaluate regular season performance. This was interpretation of the fourth tiebreaker. We will make a greater effort to have everything as clear as possible to prevent interpretations that differs from the PIT Crew.

Playoff Seeding (tie-breakers):
First tie-breaker: Total points earned
Second tie-breaker: In the event that two teams are tied and one of those teams has defaulted a game during the regular season, the non-defaulting team (or team with fewer defaults) will automatically receive the higher seed
Third tie-breaker: Head-to-head
Fourth tie-breaker: Head-to-head plus/minus
Fifth tie-breaker: Plus/minus overall
Sixth tie-breaker: Points against
Seventh tie-breaker: Coin flip
Eighth tie-breaker: In the event the coin lands on its side a team drinking competition will ensue
Note: In the event that three or more teams are tied, if two (or more) clubs remain tied after one team has advanced from the tie-breaker system during any step (i.e., made playoffs), the tie breaker reverts back to step 1 of the tie-breaker system.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by jon Dec 12, 2012 08:36 AM

We will be updating the tie-breakers for Winter but as it was the first time we have done such a crossover system the website wasn't updated. We did look at other pro leagues (as our tiebreaker system is based on the NFL - excluding defaults) and record versus common opponents was generally the tiebreaker used to decide playoff seeding when teams play unbalanced schedules AND didn't play against one another during the season. The odds of this scenario playing out the first time we did this particular crossover system were pretty low...but to our chagrin it did happen. We do believe that we didn't unfairly punish anyone (the Jeffery weren't punished for winning against a div 1 team, they were punished for losing 3 times against Div 2 teams!!!) but regardless of who won what games we had to go with the most balanced/typically utilized system which was common opponents. Thus Woodys win the tiebreaker by going 2-2 versus common opponents, The Jeffery lose the tiebreaker by going 1-3 versus common opponents).

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by gwizicane72 Dec 12, 2012 09:18 AM

ok fair enough,

i guess there is an argument both ways, and i think of a win in a cross over, against a team in a higher division as being a pretty impressive thing to do compared to a loss in the division they are in. But i understand what you are saying and there is no real measurable that is exactly 100% equal since we did not play each other in this season..... but this is why i had also assumed it would just be the 5th tiebreaker (plus/minus overall). I guess i would have interpreted the 4th tiebrake as head to head - one team against another team, and not their record against the teams the were played in common (which is why i questioned where this was on the tiebreak rules)...... but as you have mentioned Jon, you will be updating the tiebreakers for winter in the future, and it did not become an issue, but it could have if this was the 4th and 5th place tie breaker rather than a 3rd vs 4th place one where both teams are in. If i was the bottom team and it cost me the playoffs i wouldn't have been very happy if i thought i was cost a game or two when the rules were open to interpretaion.

Anyways!!! just testing you guys to see what the process for this was. I was just curious, as it did affect the final standings in this "one off" scenario.

i am content!!!! See you in the finals :)

Comment Posted by Scott Dec 14, 2012 09:49 PM

All the playoff games that take place this Saturday December 15 have been updated for your viewing pleasure. Follow this link to review the playoff match-ups. http://www.pitfootball.com/seasons/994-fall-indoor-2012/games/playoffs

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by CP2OCHO Dec 14, 2012 10:21 PM

hey Scott,

Can you please explain how 3rd and 4th were determined for division 13 between maclin, ninjas, and manchild?

Thanks,
Nagel and his awesome moustache

Comment Posted by Scott Dec 15, 2012 03:35 AM

Sure, here is the breakdown.

Maclin 12 vs Manchild 14
Maclin 38 Ninja 26
Ninja 19 Manchild 13

Playoff Seeding (tie-breakers):
First tie-breaker: Total points earned
Second tie-breaker: In the event that two teams are tied and one of those teams has defaulted a game during the regular season, the non-defaulting team (or team with fewer defaults) will automatically receive the higher seed
Third tie-breaker: Head-to-head
Fourth tie-breaker: Head-to-head plus/minus
Fifth tie-breaker: Plus/minus overall
Sixth tie-breaker: Points against
Seventh tie-breaker: Coin flip
Eighth tie-breaker: In the event the coin lands on its side a team drinking competition will ensue
Note: In the event that three or more teams are tied, if two (or more) clubs remain tied after one team has advanced from the tie-breaker system during any step (i.e., made playoffs), the tie breaker reverts back to step 1 of the tie-breaker system.

All teams have a win and a loss in the head to head.
In our Fourth tie-breaker: Maclin had the best +/- in the group with +10, so at that point they are placed into the third playoff spot.
We then revert back to the top of the tiebreaker, with the head to match-up between Ninja and Manchild United FC, with the Ninja team winning that game, thus taking the last playoff spot.

The PIT crew

Comment Posted by Scott Dec 15, 2012 04:02 AM

Elite:

Division 1:

Division 2:

Division 3:
All teams have a loss within the group that advanced to the playoffs. Bondiddy Lost to the Brewers 20-19, and won vs LW United 25-19 , LW United lost to Bondiddy 25-19, The Furry Wall lost to LW United 20-7 and Brewers Lost to The Furry Wall 46-12.

Furry Wall with had a +/- of +21, LW United with +7, Bondiddy with +5 , and 4th will go to the Brewers with -33.

The Furry Wall(1) vs Brewers (4)
LW United (2) vs (3)Bondiddy Bengals

Division 4:
?? (1) vs Bayside Tigers (4)
?? (2) vs ??(3)

Division 5:

Division 6:
U Can’t Touch This (1) vs ???
U Can’t Touch This is guaranteed first place for playoffs but the final three seeds will be decided this coming Friday.

Division 7:
The Filthy Few (1) vs All Night Wong (4)
Venum (2) vs Onslaught (3)

Division 8:
Exploding (1)vs
The Tribe (2)

Division 9:
Deep Punts (1) vs THCFC (4)

Division 10:

Division 11:
The Mega Powers (1) vs (4) VG Unit
Cole World(2) vs (3)The Wiserhood
*Ripping and tearing had to pull out of the playoffs.

Division 12:

Division 13:
Spetznaz (1) vs Ninjas in Paris (4)
Going Postal (2) vs Maclin your chick (3)

Division 14:

Division 15:
The Untouchables (1) vs Buck Pierce's Injury reserve (4)
Bad Newz Kennels (2) vs The Pylons (3)
* The Rouge had to pull out of the playoffs.

Division 16:
Beer Hawks (1) vs Section Slosh (4)

Division 17:

Comment Posted by CP2OCHO Dec 15, 2012 04:57 AM

Thanks Scott. That's what I thought. I just wanted to confirm

Comment Posted by Monkey Dec 15, 2012 07:54 AM

Fifth tie break: head to head overall. In the case of div 3 that would put the standings that are on the website as correct. This +\- stuff is not in the rule book and seeing as there are no common head to head games between more than two teams, ie not team has won or lost against a common opponent, than I don't see how the tie breaker isn't just flat out points plus minus overall. Points against would be the next tie breaker not the determining one which it is now.

Comment Posted by Scott Dec 15, 2012 08:04 AM

The PIT crew discussed the possibilities and decided that the head to head plus minus between the teams that advanced to the division 3 finals would be the best was to determine the fairest seeding process. This is our interpretation of the Fourth tie-breaker. We will continue to refine the process to avoid interpretations that differ from the PIT Crew.

Comment Posted by jon Dec 18, 2012 10:27 AM

Here is a link to the final playoff match-ups for the upcoming weekend: http://www.pitfootball.com/seasons/994-fall-indoor-2012/games/playoffs For those divisions with semifinals on Friday and the championship game Saturday should ensure they know when they would play in the event of a semifinal win.

Here is a rundown with the final tiebreakers explained:

Elite:

Division 1:

Division 2:

Division 3:
The Furry Wall (1) vs Brewers (4)
LW United (2) vs (3)Bondiddy Bengals

Division 4:
Slobberknockers (1) vs Bayside Tigers (4)
What's Old is New (2) vs Decepticons (3)
Slobberknockers finish first by virtue of their better +/- against common opponents (-11 to -24) compared to What's Old is New

Division 5:

Division 6:
U Can’t Touch This (1) vs Snipers (4)
Angelic Assassins (2) vs Da Killa Beez (3)
Double AA's get second due to their shootout victory over Da Killa Beez during the regular season

Division 7:
The Filthy Few (1) vs All Night Wong (4)
Venum (2) vs Onslaught (3)

Division 8:
The Tribe (1) vs Da Beers (4)
Exploding Katchulas (2) Touched Downstairs (3)
The Tribe grabs top spot by virtue of their regular season victory over Exploding Katchulas
Touched Downstairs takes third spot due to their head to head victory over Da Beers

Division 9:
Deep Punts (1) vs THCFC (4)

Division 10:

Division 11:
The Mega Powers (1) vs (4) VG Unit
Cole World(2) vs (3)The Wiserhood
*Ripping and tearing had to pull out of the playoffs.

Division 12:

Division 13:
Spetznaz (1) vs Ninjas in Paris (4)
Going Postal (2) vs Maclin your chick (3)

Division 14:

Division 15:
The Untouchables (1) vs Buck Pierce's Injury reserve (4)
Bad Newz Kennels (2) vs The Pylons (3)
* The Rouge had to pull out of the playoffs.

Division 16:
Beer Hawks (1) vs Section Slosh (4)

Division 17:

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com