Forums » In the PIT » Wanting to create a team!!

Messages for Wanting to create a team!!

Comment Posted by CodyT Nov 20, 2012 05:41 AM

Hey guys, first timer here. Wanting to create a team. I noticed that I cant register a team yet. When do they start doing registration? How many players do you guys usually have on a team? We are all first time players and really dont even have an idea of what division we should be playing in.

Any thoughts and comments are appreciated...

thanks

Comment Posted by Premier "BIG" Man Nov 20, 2012 02:44 PM

I would suggest 8 players on a team but you can have as little as 5. You play with 5 on the feild so you might want a couple of spares. Your level would depend on your past experiance. Maybe go out one Friday or Saturday night and see what other teams look like.

Comment Posted by jon Nov 21, 2012 04:28 AM

Hey Cody, I will send you some information via email but we are glad you are interested in joining the largest touch football league in Canada!

Registration will open December 1st and cost will be $670 per team (the same as fall). I would suggest signing a team up on the website and getting in registration as soon as possible after the 1st. We always sell out prior to the registration deadline and in the fall we had to turn over a dozen teams away. To ensure you get in best to register early!

Cheers

Jon

Comment Posted by Travers Nov 21, 2012 09:49 AM

Darren, the grammar police just gave me a call after reading your post

Comment Posted by Premier "BIG" Man Nov 21, 2012 02:44 PM

Thanks officer Travers.

Comment Posted by Travers Nov 21, 2012 02:46 PM

Just doing my job sir!

Comment Posted by Smitson Nov 29, 2012 12:55 PM

In the same situation as Cody, would look some info on it all as well, how many players we should have on our team and etc. Intending to pay in Cash.

Comment Posted by Dylan Nov 29, 2012 01:17 PM

i would like to join a team anybody know of anything?

Comment Posted by jon Nov 29, 2012 06:36 PM

Registration will open December 1st and cost will be $670 (same as fall). We recommend signing up and getting in registration early as we always sell out and we wouldn't want teams to miss out on playing.

Teams usually consist of about 8 guys and the game is played 5 on 5 but you can have more or less team members depending on how reliable people are for showing up - too few guys could lead to a default if someone misses, too many guys lessens the amount of playing time you get but it does bring down the per person cost.

As for calibre of play the PIT discuss with teams their football background and athleticism level. We have 18 different divisions from elite (ex Bison, CFLers and other athletes to football beginners). Here is the link to our player registration page: http://www.pitfootball.com/menu/player-registration All players should sign up so you will want to get your team mates to sign themselves up. Once signed up you will also get registration emails from us alerting you to key information.

On December 1st the team captain can sign up the team. Here are instructions: http://www.pitfootball.com/menu/team-registration You can pick any division you want and we can discuss as the divisions fill up if you are too good for a division or over your heads! We will find a competitive division for you.

After you go through the links let me know if you have any other questions

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by Smitson Dec 02, 2012 06:39 AM

The only other question is, when or how I can pay you if we're intending to with cash?

Comment Posted by jon Dec 02, 2012 08:46 AM

If you are paying by cash just contact Scott or myself and drop it off (earlier the better!) Here is our contact info: http://www.pitfootball.com/contacts

All the info on registration can be found here: http://www.pitfootball.com/forums/messages/20580-winter-2013-indoor-registration-opens-new-coed-and-women-s-divisions-available#m20580

The PIT Crew

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com