Forums » In the PIT » 1st Weekend of the Fall 2012 Season

Messages for 1st Weekend of the Fall 2012 Season

Comment Posted by jon Oct 19, 2012 12:29 PM

The record breaking 2012 Fall indoor season kicks off tonight with 12 games. Team captains are reminded that all players need to sign the waiver forms.

Since 95 teams was a pretty substantial increase (with another 20 teams turned away) we had to obtain some additional time slots and tomorrow the PIT will reach another milestone with 23 games on the slate and 46 teams in action!

Good luck to the 95 teams across 18 different divisions in their quest for championship glory.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by jon Oct 20, 2012 10:55 PM

23 games, 46 teams, and one referee clinic all took place at the indoor complex last night. Some close games and great performances. Thanks to the 16 referees that also came out to make the remarkable night happen. As the league expands its great to see the numerous new players and referees pick up the game. Looks like we might have another dozen or so referees training over the coming weeks to allow the league to continue its domination of the touch football landscape.

Should be a great season of ball!

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by sirtoks Oct 23, 2012 09:06 AM

Don't know about you, but I love to see pics of other teams, and myself...lol, when playing the game I love. I did go one better and taped the game and put it on youtube. It was fun to do and edit. The reason I post this is to ask where are the pics of all the games. There are great players and plays that happen and can be captured by anyone at anytime. Do we have a camera team for the league, and if not, could we put one together??

Just a self plug...here is the link to my video I made of my first indoor game in the PIT....enjoy!!

http://

Please comment

Comment Posted by Nolby Oct 23, 2012 11:32 AM

That's absolutely awesome man, first time I've ever seen something like this in amature football.Props man.

Comment Posted by barracudas Oct 24, 2012 02:52 PM

Barracudas have been doing this since 2008 (with a bit better quality!).

See if you might have been captured on video!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYu8YemHXKqcDvd2qx4TMLlGAis0RRMzK

Comment Posted by jon Oct 24, 2012 02:57 PM

haha a young Hoan Mac in 2010 versus Sloppy Secondary, nice! Beez, Decepticons, HFC and a slew of others. If people are video taping their games we can set up a page for links for others to view. Let me know if that sounds like a good idea and I will invest the time to make it happen.

Scott - jagerbombs!!!!

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by barracudas Oct 24, 2012 02:59 PM

LOL, look at the duds...wouldn't be caught dead dressed like that nowadays that's for sure :P

Comment Posted by barracudas Oct 24, 2012 03:07 PM

We can call the channel THE PFL NETWORK

Comment Posted by Premier "BIG" Man Oct 25, 2012 09:16 AM

Hoan your youtube vid's might be the only video evidence of myself ever attaining a pick.

Comment Posted by sirtoks Oct 25, 2012 11:13 AM

Now, considering this was the first video I did, and it was on an iPhone, and it was being taped by a female who knew nothing about football...I say it was a good first effort. As for the channel, that would be great, but I have to say, I tend to put a highlight tape of my efforts on the field, as anyone can tape a game and put it on the net.

Here's to another good week of filming...

Comment Posted by val Oct 25, 2012 12:13 PM

I agree that having a crew around to film/photograph the players in action would be a good idea, its always nice to see vids over pics, plus some of us dont have GF's in the stands to help out (she's on the team!) Good video sirtoks, though its a pity the action cam doesnt come up clearer.

Keep em coming!

Comment Posted by jon Oct 25, 2012 12:28 PM

Haha does that mean Tunde that you were running around the field with an iPhone, was it strapped to your head???? Almost had an epileptic seizure at one point but the video was pretty cool and edited very well. Definitely post some more and we can get some videos up on a webpage once I figure out how to do it.

Jon

Comment Posted by rbuchanan Oct 25, 2012 05:34 PM

I'm not sure if this would work or if it would even stay on your head while running but it would be awesome if the league could get a GoPro and have someone be "Miked up" every week

Comment Posted by Werd Oct 25, 2012 06:29 PM

Nice Hoan! Pretty sweet to see some of our old Bandits games

Comment Posted by barracudas Oct 25, 2012 07:59 PM

Glad you enjoyed them Howie! More to come...!

Tunde: I didn't meant anything bad about the video quality or taping job etc.! Definitely different angle with the POV sections!

Comment Posted by sirtoks Oct 25, 2012 08:01 PM

I have an in game action cam, got for this league...Its on my head, but I may move it to my chest, not sure...the iPhone is just a wide shot of what is going on...I do with the action cam was better quality, but with better quality comes greater cost, I'm already on a tight enough budget as it is. I will work on my camera skills and maybe get a better shot this weekend.

Tunde

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com