Forums » In the PIT » TOC Scores and news

Messages for TOC Scores and news

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 06, 2012 07:39 AM

The Tournament of Champions (TOC) aka The National Championship tournament website is notorious for being very sluggish at updating scores, so I will do my best to keep the Manitoba touch football players updated as the weekend unfolds.

Here is the Elite Ranking going into the tournament:
1 Winnipeg Avengers
2 Regina Megalomania
3 Hamilton Piranhas
4 Burlington Spartans
5 Kitchener Gaels
6 Toronto Trojans
7 Ottawa Capitals
8 Montreal Maroons
9 Ottawa Seminoles
10 Burlington Ravens
11 Winnipeg Doggs
12 Montreal Magic Monster
13 St. Catherines Grasshoppers
14 Ottawa Savages
15 Mississauga Reapers
16 Montreal Hitmen

Anyone who may receive information that is not posted, is encouraged to text me updates. Please leave your name too.

Scott
204-229-6266

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 06, 2012 07:41 AM

Avengers 28- Montreal Hitmen 18
Apparently the score should have been much better for the Avengers but the wheels fell off a few times during the game.

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 06, 2012 07:49 AM

Doggs lost to the Kitchener Gaels, the final score was 37-18.

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 06, 2012 08:24 AM

It looks like the tournament is trying to keep things updated this year, this may be the best link for updated scores: http://www.mytournament.ca/modules.php?name=Tournament&pa=schedule_index&eid=58

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 06, 2012 08:36 AM

The Toronto Owls beat the Deadzone 26-6 in Division 2 action.

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 06, 2012 09:30 AM

Sonya Panchuck who scored 100 points in Division 2 this year is also attending the National Championships, playing with the number 2 ranked team in the nation, the Ottawa Devils. The Devils won their first game today 30-0.

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 06, 2012 01:04 PM

Avengers won 34-6, over the Ottawa Seminals, disregard the TOC website. Sadly the Doggs lost their second game.

Comment Posted by Nolby Oct 06, 2012 01:56 PM

keep it rockin boys!

Comment Posted by Travers Oct 07, 2012 06:39 AM

nicely done guys,in the words of fred durst.. keep rollin rollin rollin rollin!

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 07, 2012 09:41 AM

Avengers lost an early morning game 32 -6 against the Ottawa Capitals. Looks like there will be a tie for first in the pool, assuming the Seminals beat the Hitmen. Not sure what system the tiebreaker will use.

Comment Posted by Alzies Oct 07, 2012 09:47 AM

Doggs knock off avengers in the prelim round to advance to quarters!!!

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 07, 2012 09:48 AM

Crazy news, good luck Doggs.

Comment Posted by Nolby Oct 07, 2012 10:18 AM

Does this mean avengers are eliminated?

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 07, 2012 10:27 AM

Yeah, unfortunately the Avengers will have to regroup and try to retain the title in 2013.

Comment Posted by gwizicane72 Oct 07, 2012 12:47 PM

Deadzone started slowly, but now we are gelling...........down 3 TDs in the third quarter we put up 4 tds u n answered to keep a manitoba team in the tourny!!. Good feeling and great experience.

Drunk beer pong dancing videos and sick one handed catches to be posted later!!!

Hopefully we finish strong and have two solid games tomorrow to represent Manitoba.

We gunna tear S#it up!!!

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 08, 2012 10:22 AM

The Regina Megalomania are the most consistent team in recent years, Megalomania beat the Kitchener Gaels
21-20 and will contend for the tile for a third consecutive time!!

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 08, 2012 10:32 AM

DeadZone have also made the Division 3 Final. More news as it comes in.

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 08, 2012 10:36 AM

The DeadZone took the Division 3 Title, congrats guys. I hear that the backfield was amazing and the Neils couldn't be stopped. Neil Smalley was awarded the game MVP.

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 08, 2012 12:05 PM

The Hamilton Piranhas have defeated the Regina Megalomania by two scores to capture the 2012 Canadian National Championship.

Comment Posted by gwizicane72 Oct 08, 2012 03:55 PM

Awesome games today deadzone!!!.

That was the happiest i have ever been on a plane ride back from somewhere. Hope you guys tear it up in the mansion tonight!!! Sure looked glum for a while, but talk about gelling at the right time.

32-0 in the first half of the finals. Impressive guys.

Come the end of the tournament we had Ontario teams cheering us on, and the Transformers were a class group who beat us in the round robin, but next year hopefully we can see them again and have a beveridge or two after some football.

Again amazing job guys, couldn't be happier.

Next year we get it together from game 1, and party even harder.

I can think of many plays that stood out, whether it be the Smalley TD pass to ice our first win (yes Smalley TD PASS!!.....backfield rules!) Or some of the kicking from Jacques with his purple foot.......or some of the clutch defensive plays of many including a huge pick by pascal, and one by Scott for a TD early in the finals to break the Panthers hearts.

Many memorable plays guys, and the backfield exhibition was a thing of beatuy Marc and Scott. Not to mention Gooch coming on to join us and snapping into a "V" backfield.

Santos...... anytime you want to rush for any one of my teams your are the guy for sure!! i can't remember you even getting beat all tournament, and your racked up a bunch of sacks as well!! And you Gangnam style is awesome!!!

Tom and Keith, your lock down corner play was huge through the final three games.

Also that championship is dedicated to Darin Lang and his family. Darin had to leave us on Friday because of a close family member passing away. His Girlfriend mother passed away, and it was fitting that the tournament was also a charitable event to raise funds for cancer care. I can only imagine what we would have done with you there as well bud.

I would again like to thank everyone for coming out.

Neil, Tom, Lang, Marc, Joel "gooch" Goulet, Keith, Pascal, Jacques, Santos, Scott.

Here is to doing even better in 2013!!!

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 09, 2012 10:06 AM

Congratulations to Sonya Panchuck, I believe her team the Ottawa Devils beat the Montreal Fleur de lys 16-15 in the womens Elite final.

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 09, 2012 11:19 AM

Turns out that the results board is incorrect, Sonya's team finished 2nd, losing by a single point. Why have a results page if it is not updated or updated incorrectly. This is our National tournament headquarters??

Comment Posted by santos12 Oct 09, 2012 05:21 PM

I had a great time at TOC. thank you Deadzone for having me out. awesome bunch of guys to party and play football with.
the weekend started rough for us losing our games in round robin as our pool must be the toughest in our teir.
The A champs, BB champs and the B champs came out of our pool.
I would encourage teams join tourneys like the TOC and Regina tournament. they are a whole lot of fun!

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Oct 10, 2012 08:38 AM

meglomania....the Buffalo Bills of touch football...

Comment Posted by Scott Oct 10, 2012 09:19 AM

I was quoted that some of the Melomania team felt "suicidal" after the defeat!!! Three years running must get overwhelming...

Comment Posted by barracudas Oct 10, 2012 10:51 AM

I know the feeling...

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com