Forums » In the PIT » All-Star Game

Messages for All-Star Game

Comment Posted by Damian Aug 19, 2012 07:30 AM

Thanks Jon, Scott and everyone else who helped out.
It was REALLLLLY, REALLLLLYYYYY fun.

Comment Posted by Nolby Aug 19, 2012 07:57 AM

I had a blast, loved the skills comp idea, great job guys. Someone give Jon a recap because im pretty sure he has no clue why happend last night due to a flavored liquid substance.

Comment Posted by jon Aug 19, 2012 09:53 AM

Things are a little blurry from last night, but from what I remember it was quite a blast. Thanks to all players who came out and represented their teams. We had over 60 participants come out to play so we covered the majority of teams in the league. We had two great close games, some spectacular plays (Daniel Vincent's interception, Jay Santos kick return, Bill Coulter breaking Damian Bialkowski's spine on a move in the open field, and Neal Gwizon trying to get every stat possible in a game) come to mind.

Due to demand the PIT offered their version of a skills competition with huge participation, especially for the QB challenge and field goal kicking. I think pretty much everyone on hand tried those ones out! Here is a recap:

Fastest Man - Daniel Vincente of NE Hawkeyes (sub 4.7 second 40)
QB Challenge Winner - Nolan "Hell has frozen over" Colby of the Brewers (6 of a possible 15 points)
Field Goal Kicking Winner - Daniel "2 awards" Vincente of NE Hawkeyes (accurate 40 yarder - with room to spare)
Longest Throw - Mike Brownridge of Avengers/Iced Earth (2 x 58 yard throws for aggregate score of 116 yards)
See the pictures of the teams and winners here: http://www.pitfootball.com/albums/518-all-star-teams-and-event-winners-august-18th-2012 I will get up more pictures of the games later today.

Big props to our sponsors as well:
Boston Pizza: All team captains were given gift certificates for Boston Pizza, in addition a few large pizzas were kicked in for them to enjoy as well! A few lucky MVPs also took home a free Boston Brute.
Adrenaline Adventures - Sponsored a couple of our skills competitions with free lessons and wake boarding passes for winners
Just for Looks - Sponsored our skills competitions and MVP awards with gift certificates for winners
Harv-Al Sportswear - Great looking all-star t shirts supplied by the official jersey sponsor of the PIT (if you need new jerseys tell them the PIT sent you to receive some great discounts). Looks like the shirts were a hit. They were designed by Neil Smalley of Guild/Rebels/Slobberknockers fame along with our newly designed PIT Champion t shirts.

Thanks again to all the team captains who came out and who make the PIT what it is. I am glad this only happens once a summer tho, my liver couldn't handle many more!

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by jon Aug 20, 2012 06:44 AM

As promised here are the pictures of the all-star games. Things got a little hazy as the Crown Royal/Grappa/Long Islands/Beer/Mystery Drinks (Damn you Godfrey) started to set in. http://www.pitfootball.com/albums/519-2012-team-captain-all-star-game-august-18th-2012

Perfect night for football, hopefully all of our players/contestants had a great time.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by Premier "BIG" Man Aug 20, 2012 09:00 AM

Nice job PIT crew!!! Once again a first class evening of football. The skills competition was also a nice addition (Wonder who came up with that idea?). I will definitely put in a team for 2013 just so I can be involved in this great night again.

Comment Posted by jon Aug 20, 2012 11:09 AM

Yeah we definitely should be up front that Darren Bishop from Fighting Fire Hydrants and Neil McKernan from Polk High were the first to suggest that the all-star game put in some skills competitions. Judging the participation that came out to test their athleticism it appears the skills competition is hear to stay!

Not to mention someone will need to step up to take the QB challenge victory away from Nolan!

PIT Crew

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com