Forums » In the PIT » 2011 Summer Referee Windup

Messages for 2011 Summer Referee Windup

Comment Posted by jon Nov 08, 2011 06:50 PM

The PIT experienced its third consecutive year of record growth continuing our ascent as the fastest growing touch football league in Canada, and in 2011, the PIT became the largest touch football league in Manitoba. The growth has been seamless, due in large part to the 20 new referees who attended our preseason ref clinic and the nearly 10 additional refs who were trained throughout the year. To compliment our new officials our veteran refs stepped up and took quite a few games to ensure that our teams always had a full crew of officials.

As a token of our appreciation we will be having our annual reffing windup on Sunday November 13th at Winn City Pub for all of you who reffed with us during the summer. Come out and have a few drinks and some pizza on the PIT! The Windup will start at 7:00 with the Sunday Night Football game on the big screens beginning at 7:30. Please RSVP to j.franklin@uwinnipeg.ca so I can let Kelly know how many seats we should have reserved for that evening. Hopefully all can attend!

Once again, a big thanks to our officials. The PIT is the only league to certify all of its referees to ensure that we have the most knowledgeable, experienced, and competent refs in the business. Just another reason why the PIT has become the #1 choice of touch football players in the province.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by jon Nov 13, 2011 06:42 PM

The Summer referee windup went Sunday night, a big thanks to all the referees who attended and of course an even bigger thank you to all of the refs who supported the PIT league during the summer. Without our referees we wouldn't have such a great place to play football. Here is a link to some pictures of the festivities: http://www.pitfootball.com/albums/437-2011-summer-referee-windup

Beer and pizza were on the PIT tonight, just another perk of refereeing in the largest touch football league in the province. Referee's who put in the time to ref 50 games this year also received PIT Crew hats, while those who reffed at least 100 games were provided a PIT Crew jacket. The PIT is the only touch football league to certify all of its referees and I think it shows in how knowledgeable and dedicated our refs are. I don't think the referees hear it enough that all their hard work is truly appreciated.

Those receiving PIT Crew hats were as follows:
Brad Kelm
Court Isaak
Cara Isaak
Chris Silva
Donny Desaulniers
Dallas Muir
Hernani Couto
Kurtis Lizon
Melissa Densiuk
Owen Nagy
Shawn Howell

Those receiving PIT Crew Jackets included:
Brad Kelm
Chris Silva
Donny Desaulniers
Dallas Muir
Hernani Couto
Kurtis Lizon

Thanks again to our referees for helping make the PIT Football League the destination of choice for touch football players in Winnipeg!

Comment Posted by cobras63 Nov 14, 2011 10:05 AM

Aw man... I coulda had one of those hats! Silly baby, all crying and fussing and whatnot...

Comment Posted by jon Nov 14, 2011 06:04 PM

Your 65 games does in fact qualify you for the amazingly fashionable PIT Crew hat Chris! Sorry, I left you off the list. If we made a newborn sized hat your newest addition would get one too.

The PIT Crew

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com