Forums » In the PIT » National Touch football title

Messages for National Touch football title

Comment Posted by Scott Jul 24, 2011 05:53 AM

Two of the best teams in touch football have put their differences aside to play two games to prepare for the Western Canadian touch football title being played in the annual Labour Day Classic http://www.rtfi.ca/tourney/labourday.php in Regina(September long), and the National Touch Football title http://www.tfont.com/TFO%20Website%202k5%20and%20on/Templates/Nationals%20TOC.htm (October long), being played out west in Calgary this year.

The Avengers vs Assassins will have their first game this Wednesday July 27th at the Rods football club in St. James. The second game will take place September 17th. Both teams claim to be Manitoba's top team.......

PIT, Wtfl, and Utfl members who want to see National level touch football and not willing to go on a road trip should come out on Wednesday to check out the game.

Mazur, I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole, you can set the spread on this one if you so chose!!
Regardless I'm sure I'll see you there.

Scott

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Jul 25, 2011 03:50 AM

Finally! 7:45 game time? Got refs?

Comment Posted by tccool Jul 25, 2011 08:54 AM

GO AVENGERS!!!!

Comment Posted by jon Jul 26, 2011 07:54 PM

We got refs, teams, and beers. All are invited out to watch what hopefully will be a barn burner between two of the top teams in the province. 7:45 Rods Field. Its been a long time coming.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by Rush Jul 27, 2011 12:20 PM

dont you mean byob...lol

Comment Posted by Short Guy Jul 28, 2011 07:49 AM

So, where's the recap?

Comment Posted by Scott Jul 28, 2011 12:01 PM

Definitely an exciting game to watch for everyone. Many PIT touch football enthusiast came out during a gorgeous Winnipeg evening. The Avengers won round one 36-20, with the Assassins choosing not to take a final possession with two minutes left. Both teams were able to have a few beers after the game, and talk... Sponge hockey!! The Assassins started slow, but played much better in the second half. Kanwal Saran of the Avengers was the star of the game with three picks and multiple breakups. Regina should be some solid touch football.

Scott

Comment Posted by tccool Jul 28, 2011 03:55 PM

If there was any question about who the #1 team is in this City, I think it was answered last night. Congrats to The Avengers for layin the smack down on the Assassins. It was one of the best games I have seen and I look forward to watching game number 2 in September. Actually I look forward to all Avengers games since I seem to show up to most of them. And Thank you to Jon and Scott for the beers!

Travers

Comment Posted by Scott Jul 29, 2011 11:34 AM

Travers, I look at these exhibition games a little differently than yourself. In my opinion both the Avengers and Assassins teams feel that the best Manitoba competition to prepare for the Regina and TOC is between themselves. The Assassins deserve much respect with their accomplishments, and I know that when it comes down to the Finals, or tournament play they will produce their best games(footnote the last decade). That game means very little compared to games in the very near future. Both teams played with vigor, but nothing like they will in the months to come. Next stop... Regina!!! Labour Day baby.

Scott
PIT football crew

Comment Posted by jon Aug 02, 2011 08:39 PM

It was a fun game and brought back some much excitement to elite division football in Winnipeg ... something that has been missing the last few years as the top teams haven't played off much. Pretty cool seeing such a huge crowd turn out to support both teams, I can't remember a game in Manitoba that had that many fans show up (for a regular season game no less!). The Avengers continue to offer an open challenge to any team in Manitoba. Name the time and the place and the Avengers will be ready. The Assassins stepped up big and that game will only benefit both teams as they vie for the upcoming Labour Day Tournament and National Championships. Would be something special to have a Manitoba team take home the National Crown.

Can't wait for our second game versus the Assassins come September. Hopefully we will see a similar show of support at that game as well. Ask Travers, there will be an abundance of beers on hand!

Jon

Comment Posted by Travers Aug 03, 2011 11:33 AM

I can confirm Jon's statement about an abundance of beer being on hand, Cant wait for game #2 in September!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com