Forums » In the PIT » Parity in the PIT!

Messages for Parity in the PIT!

Comment Posted by jon Mar 12, 2011 08:07 AM

As much as the PIT has extolled the virtues of parity among its division, and while we are not perfect (but getting there!), Division 2 has to take the cake. First place Big Deal finished with a 3-2 record, and EVERY other team in the division finished 2-3. Thus there was a four-way tie for 2nd place. Since each of the remaining four teams held a tie-breaker against the other in head-to-head match-ups 2nd through 5th place had to go to head-to-head plus/minus to settle the divisional standings.

The Swayze Love Express finishes second with a head-to-head plus minus of +21 (thanks to their beat down of the Blazers last night!)
Eighty-seven time division champions I Want Winners finishes third with a +/- of 0
Blazers finish fourth with a +/- of -12
Rebels finish fifth with a +/- of -23

Thus Blazers face Rebels in a "play-in" game, the winner to face Big Deal. This will be a rematch of the Blazers 1 point overtime victory over the Rebels in the regular season. We might bring in an additional ref so that they don't run out of flags to throw in that game!

Comment Posted by scott Mar 19, 2011 08:13 AM

Congratulations to all the teams that won their playoff game last night. As predicted, an EPIC battle occurred in Div 2 Friday. The Blazers thought a victory was secured with 43 seconds remaining, but Ryan and company showed tremendous intestinal fortitude and scored the game winning touchdown with 2 seconds on the clock. I think it would be fair to say that the "play-in" game felt like a div final for all involved. Parity in the PIT may be the top reason to play in the league. We dare to be compared!

Comment Posted by Damian Mar 19, 2011 02:33 PM

How's the hand Scotty?

Comment Posted by scott Mar 20, 2011 04:53 PM

Hand seems to be up to 90% now, and I'm thinking it should be fine sometime within the week. Thanks for the concern.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com