Forums » In the PIT » Thursday Night Football

Messages for Thursday Night Football

Comment Posted by jon Feb 26, 2010 06:37 AM

Another big shout out to our refs and players for making our first Thursday night football in the PIT such as success. We don't plan on playing Thursdays in the future however it was a great night of games as 5 of the 8 games were settled by a touchdown or less, highlighted by the Decepticons TD on the last play of their game to defeat the duh fenders. Of note: dazed and confused, who named themselves "the best 0-4 team in football" prior to the game, lived up their their namesake by defeating the previously undefeated tba 20-18 in another barn burner. And finally, even though the game was late Thursday the Polk High All Stars still had their poster wielding fan contingent out to cheer them on.

Great night of football.

Comment Posted by hydrant00 Feb 26, 2010 05:34 PM

I still say you have to make Dazed and Confused a "wild card" entry to the playoffs. We lost our 4 games by 2,7,9 and 1 respectively a total of just 19 points. Im fairly confident in saying that not one of our opponents walked away thinking they just collected an easy win.

Think of the marketing potential Jon. Major media outlets covering the great story of the rag-tag group of devilishly good looking players given one last shot at glory. They need to fill the void left by the Olympics coverage.

Let me set the scene. The place U of M. The time in a word.....late. You can hear the people chanting our names from the stands. The cheers of Dazed. Dazed. Dazed. Echoing off the walls of the vast confines of the building. The men in the stands drinking copious amount of (Insert beer sponsor here). The women reduced to tears relishing the chance to see their hero's on last time. It's an awesome scenario. One that grandparents will tell their grand children about. Sure we would probably lose by 4 points but it's the story that people want.

Comment Posted by polishprince Feb 28, 2010 05:37 AM

once tba takes the division title they will more than happily give dazed and confused a shot at it. because as the team name says, you really have to be dazed and confused to think you can beat us again. its like our canadian hockey team. they gave the americans one win but there is no way the americans will beat canada again.

PS i miss trash talk

Comment Posted by jonknow Feb 28, 2010 06:40 AM

what makes you so sure you guys are the Canadians and we're the Americans. The way I see it, we're the Canadians and you're the americans....you come in all high and mighty, talking about winnin championships and glory. Only to be snapped back into reality by a bunch of intoxicated hoodlums havin some fun who were born to play the game. Also I used a capital C when spelling Canadian...that alone makes us the Canadians.......eh

Comment Posted by polishprince Feb 28, 2010 07:29 AM

i sense some mixed emotions from you. you say using a capital C in canadian makes you canadian, but what does using a capital A in american make u? i sense a little too much american in u to call urself canadian. myself im just illiterate and dont know how to properly capitalize anything.

i didnt necessarily compare u to the americans (for that u need more wins) i compared ourselfs to the canadians because they too came "in all high and mighty, talking about winnin championships and glory" and were humbled, only to come back stronger than ever and win it all.

Comment Posted by jonknow Feb 28, 2010 08:01 AM

I have many mixed emotions. Their usually mixed with beer and rye, or vodka. Or any other type of intoxicating substance. I used a capital A in American out of respect for the fallen WWII soldiers, do you hate those men? You're right about sensing American in me as I had MCdonalds this morning.

I was comparing you to the Americans...because you suck! haha. I win.

serious though, good luck in the playoffs.....time to watch hockey...GO CANADA!

Comment Posted by hydrant00 Mar 01, 2010 04:28 PM

Im thinking if you were going to beat us then you should have done it to preserve that chance at a perfect 5-0 season. I assume the "coach" gave the "starters" the week off like the Colts. Didn't really work for them this year did it? No perfect season. No championship. Kinda sounds like a time line you guys might want to get familiar with. I will agree with you on one account.....Trash talk is fun! I also missed it.

Comment Posted by jon Mar 01, 2010 04:33 PM

Sounds like this is something that should be settled in the Spring or even better the Summer session. Dazed vs tba on the nicest fields, officiated by the most qualified refs, all vying for the best trophies and swag in touch football today! tba has already made their commitment to the PIT come summer!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com