Forums » In the PIT » Its coming...

Messages for Its coming...

Comment Posted by jon Feb 02, 2010 06:07 AM

Rumor has it, assuming all construction is on time, the restaurant and bar at the indoor facility will be open for our February 12th & 13th weekend (just in time for our 4 time slot night which will see a record 32 teams play). The lounge, in addition to being licensed, will have a full menu available.

Rumor also has it that the entire upstairs will be licensed (including the fan seating area), meaning you could grab a cold one, walk outside the lounge, and watch the games unfold.

Fact: The PIT crew may be more glossy-eyed than usual starting the 12th.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by scott Feb 02, 2010 09:36 AM

Excellent.....in a Mr. Burns voice!

Comment Posted by scott Feb 02, 2010 09:36 AM

Needed to keep up on the post count, losing bad....

Comment Posted by Owen Feb 02, 2010 10:30 AM

Is this going to make the level of play go up? or down?

Comment Posted by Nailz Feb 02, 2010 01:35 PM

Sweet now i can leave my flask at home!!

Comment Posted by Nolby Feb 05, 2010 08:33 AM

I'll supply the foam dome.

Comment Posted by robinhood Feb 17, 2010 03:46 AM

It's nice to hear you guys are looking forward to the restaurant being open. My name is Doug. I'm the owner. Our license is scheduled to be given before the end of the month (we had some objections to licensing that had to be heard by the MLCC). What I would like to know in the meantime is what beers should I carry? Let me know. Regarding the menu...It will not be a "full" menu yet but I think we can please you guys. Facility will also ultimately have 2 big screen satalite fed TV's. Enjoy.

Comment Posted by jon Feb 17, 2010 09:48 AM

Hey Doug, so when is the grand opening? Football players like to have a couple before, after (and if we can sneak away) during games. The PIT Crew have probably been as anxious as you to get it open. You have a captive audience as myself and Scott (the co-presidents of the football league) are always on hand for games and building "shanty towns" where we can drink was not part of our original agreement with the facility.

Definitely looking forward to it! May I suggest having ample Crown Royal on hand. Emphasis on ample. Oh yeah, stay open late.

Jon

Comment Posted by grob Feb 17, 2010 04:16 PM

I 2nd on the Crown Royal and stay open late!!!

-Greg

Comment Posted by bloomfield Feb 18, 2010 11:33 AM

Local beer from Half Pints and Ft. Garry is a good start.

Comment Posted by scott Feb 18, 2010 11:56 AM

Warm chairs, cold beer, and keep some Royalty on hand!!!!!

Comment Posted by scott Feb 18, 2010 11:56 AM

Daddy's back!

Comment Posted by Neil Feb 18, 2010 02:06 PM

There should be good quality beers like Lucky, Brewhouse, Minhas. You know the good stuff!!!

Comment Posted by Owen Feb 22, 2010 01:09 PM

My favorite is the beer that is cold and wet. I have been known to drink a few of those.

Comment Posted by robinhood Feb 22, 2010 03:02 PM

We are getting close. Today was the last day for any appeals so I'll hear tomorrow. If all is good we will try to be open the first weekend of March.

Sorry, no 5 cent beer. Half Pints, Fort Garry, etc... OK

Comment Posted by robinhood Mar 15, 2010 01:30 PM

OK so this forum stuff is new to me. We are getting clos(er). The paperwork has been done and a final meassurement needs to take place so anytime now.

I know the finals start and it is hoped that you'll be able to celebrate on site.

March 27th is UFC. Is there any interest in having me order it for our two big screens going in?

Let me know.

Comment Posted by robinhood Mar 15, 2010 01:35 PM

Additionally, we will be open every Friday that you guys are there for the Spring league. It is our intent to be open till 2 - 230. The menu offering will be basic for the balance of the season with a full menu coming for the Fall. (basic food that is, Maximum beer)

Comment Posted by jon Mar 16, 2010 05:46 PM

Have crown on hand. We will make it worth your while.

Jon

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com