Forums » In the PIT » PITFOOTBALL.COM

Messages for PITFOOTBALL.COM

Comment Posted by scott May 18, 2009 07:00 PM

Jon and I would like to welcome all PIT teams to the first day of the inaugural outdoor season. It's been quite the journey. We hope to exceed your expectations.

First post is mine!

Scott McArthur
Jon Franklin

Comment Posted by jon May 19, 2009 06:58 PM

A couple of barn burners to begin the PIT league last night. In our first ever game the Titans got passed the Aints 27-18. The Aints had a chance to tie with a 2 point convert with about a minute left in the game but fell just short. The Titans scored late after the Aints had to gamble at the end. Justin Steeves from The Aints and Harlo Larkin from the Titans were the first ever MVPs in the PIT league.

In the late game, the underdog Morningwood squad held an early lead and had the game tied at halftime prior to So Smooth putting the nail in the coffin late in the second half winning 27-14. Dino Lisi and Raj 'sir-pick-alot' Brar were the MVPs. All four MVPs will be put in the draw for the Amici's player of the week award.

Congrats to Brad Kelm, Todd Rhoden, and Ed Markowski who reffed a couple of solid games and will go down in the annuals as the first referee's in PIT history.

Thanks to all for making the PIT outdoor 'night of firsts' a success.

Comment Posted by jon May 20, 2009 05:41 PM

Looks like night two one-upped opening night.

No D scored the winning touchdown with 19 seconds remaining when Martin Windus hooked up with Ryan Stewart after Rinkside failed to convert on 3rd down to end the game. No D takes their first game 25-19. However, outshining that finish was the Weekend Warriors scoring on the last play of the game to defeat the Mighty Schmucks 13-12. Dino Lisi broke free as time expired to catch the winning TD from Cameron Tirshmann. In total, both games were decided with 19 seconds on the clock.

Congrats to all four teams on their effort.

Comment Posted by Damian May 21, 2009 10:49 AM

Are you going to give us the run down of every game all season?

Comment Posted by jon May 21, 2009 07:24 PM

Only the games that I see! On that note ...

The Ninja Militia pulled off a come from behind victory over the Micronauts 20-16. Mike Froese had a timely int late in the game which set up the Ninja's winning drive. The Micronauts controlled the tempo for most of the game with 5 ints and 5 sacks but were unable to hold off the late game winning drive. In the earlier game the Ratz came off a decade long hiatus and the rust showed a little. Travis Prouse had two picks and a TD to lead the Rebels. But there were some definite signs of life from the Ratz - from the rocket snaps of Alfred Giesbrecht, to the ints of Rick Morand, and the 'gun' showed off by the injured Bill Telford (how you could throw with your thumb wrapped is beyond me!) will make them a scary team once they get the train back on the tracks.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com