Forums » In the PIT » kickoff

Messages for kickoff

Comment Posted by ccolby Jan 26, 2009 01:24 PM

when someone does the kick off, when does the single point apply, and who does it go to. can the ball be kicked right through for a point? another quick question, when kicking from the 5 yard line (usual line) how many yards is it up to the opposing teams endzone? is the 70 yard field mark including the endzones or no? thanks.

Comment Posted by Tyrone Jan 26, 2009 03:12 PM

the single point applies when the ball gos into the endzone and does not come out or if it gos right through. the point gos to the team who kicked the ball.

Comment Posted by scott Jan 26, 2009 03:23 PM

Actually this is how it works! The team is rewarded one point if the ball is blown dead in the end zone (not moving) or if the ball makes contact with a team member that is fielding the ball and goes through during the kick. The ball that is kicked through would come out to the ten. Point to the team that kicked the ball. The total length of the entire surface is 70 yards, so minus end zones and the five yards from the goal line for the distance the ball is kicked, Mr Colby.

Scott

Comment Posted by jon Jan 26, 2009 03:26 PM

A single occurs:

1. If the ball is touched while in the endzone/prior to entering the endzone and goes through the endzone or is not taken out
2. If the ball comes to a stop in the endzone and is not returned past the goal line

There is no single if the ball travels through the endzone without being touched. The field is 70 yards in length inclusive of 10 yard endzones.

Comment Posted by ccolby Jan 27, 2009 05:37 AM

thanks gentlemen! i just got up so my brain may not be fully working. each endzone is ten? (i feel stupid lol)

Comment Posted by glen Jan 28, 2009 06:44 PM

If the field is only 50 yards excluding endzones no wonder I feel tough throwing a touchdown pass from our 20 yard line.
Glen

Comment Posted by ccolby Jan 29, 2009 06:37 AM

yeah, i'm pretty sure what i read says the field is 50, endzones are 10 each, so 70 total.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com