Forums » In the PIT » Ryan Martin Memorial TouchFootball Tournement

Messages for Ryan Martin Memorial TouchFootball Tournement

Comment Posted by Mike Laping Aug 24, 2017 12:15 PM

Hi All,

It's time for the Second Annual Ryan Martin Memorial Touch Football Tournament.

Ryan Martin graduated from St. Paul's High School in 1995 and passed away in October of 2015. Ryan was a dear friend of mine and left behind 2 children.

No more than a week before his passing he and I spoke of our children's education funds and how we worried we may not be able to help them as much as we would like. Ryan was an excellent athlete and excelled at every sport. His favourite was football and he and I played together for over 10 years. We worked together at the Birchwood Automotive Group since we were both 16. I loved Ryan Martin. This Tournament will be to add some money to his children's education fund.

With the help of Ryan's brother Sean, the PIT Football League and many other great people we had a very success tournament last year. Ask anyone who attended how much fun we all had honoring the memory of my brother, Ryan.

We are aiming for Saturday September 30th with a cost of $200.00 a team. I will post more details as we iron out a few things. (Yes there will be a Social event that evening)

Thanks in advance for your continued support.

Mike Laping

Comment Posted by Mike Laping Aug 24, 2017 01:16 PM

Check out pictures from last years event.

http://pit.redzoneleagues.com/albums/848-ryan-martin-memorial-tourney-part-i

Comment Posted by jon Aug 24, 2017 01:52 PM

The PIT will be donating the fields and will be looking at doing the same for officiating so that all money collected go back to the children of Ryan Martin.

Apex Field Lining has also generously donated their time and equipment to ensure the fields will be lined this year.

Games will be played on indoor sized fields (approximately 30 by 70). Games will be 5 on 5. A great way to finish off the outdoor season and even prepare yourselves for indoor! Last year was a blast, this year should be even better! We are honored to be the exclusive partner with this event.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by Mike Laping Aug 25, 2017 02:37 PM

We couldn't do this without the continued support and expertise of the PIT Football League.

Thank you PIT Crew!

We have 4 teams already committed. Please sign up quickly. Just place your team name here or if you're an individual let us know. I can help get you placed with other single players who have requested to play.

We should have the field location by next week, so stay tuned.

Mike

Comment Posted by Mike Laping Sep 08, 2017 11:53 AM

Attentional ALL:

The Ryan Martin Memorial Touch Football Tournament will be held Saturday September 30th at the Maple Grove Rugby Park. This is the second year of this event and last year was epic. Do not miss out. Check out some pictures here. http://pit.redzoneleagues.com/albums/848-ryan-martin-memorial-tourney-part-i

Ryan Martin was an incredible guy and someone I loved dearly. He passed in October of 2015 and this day is dedicated to him and all proceeds go to his children’s education fund.

Maple Grove along with the PIT Football league has sponsored us this year. Maple Grove is a fun environment and a place everyone can come and enjoy the day. We will have silent auction prizes, t-shirts for sale and cocktails for all. Music, dancing and games even for children.

I invite teams or individual players who want to enter to contact me directly. mike.laping@gmail.com

If you want to come and just enjoy the day there will be a 10 dollar admission fee.

Thanks for your continued support!

Comment Posted by jon Sep 15, 2017 12:26 AM

Here are the specifics of the Ryan Martin Memorial Tournament:

Date: Saturday September 30th, 2017 (a great way to end the outdoor season!)
Time: 12:00 noon to about 7:00pm
Where: Maple Grove Rugby Park Field #1 (Behind the clubhouse - easy access to drinks and watching from the patio)
Cost: $20 per player (if you would like to donate more, additional donations for this great cause will be accepted)
Why: 100% of the proceeds go to the educational fund of Ryan Martin's children (former Touch Football great who passed away unexpectedly)
Skill Level: All skill levels welcome! This is a recreational tournament.
Game: 5 v 5 on a smaller field (indoor sized fields). 50 minute games, minimum 3 games (great deal for the cost!)

APEX Field lining has donated their time and resources to line the fields specifically for the tournament.
The PIT will be donating Bomber tickets to the person demonstrating the most sportsmanship on the field. The PIT will also be donating the costs of field rentals.
Anyone else who would like to provide a donation to this great cause can do so! We ask that spectators donate $10 to the educational fund.

Maple Grove will have its lounge open all day to accommodate all the festivities. The tournament is definitely recreational and quite a blast. Teams that can hold their alcohol best tend to do the best!

Comment Posted by Mike Laping Sep 19, 2017 09:47 AM

I can kiss those Bomber tickets away as I'm going to be completely unsportsmanlike. :)

Guys, email me your teams please. mike.laping@gmail.com

Comment Posted by Mike Laping Sep 25, 2017 08:27 AM

So All, we're 6 days away, So far I have 7 teams registered. If I missed a team let me know asap. Mike.laping@gmail.com. You can still register if you want to play this Saturday.

I have:

Cool Avengers
Aints
villians
sports with friends
super blast
knights
Fryza's gang

Comment Posted by Mike Laping Sep 25, 2017 03:00 PM

1 The Aints
VS
Sports with Friends
12PM

2 Knights
VS
Super Blast
12PM

3 The Cool Avengers
VS
Misfits
1PM

Misfits are looking for a few guys.....any singles want to play and make some new friends????? let me know.

4 Villains
VS
Fryza's Gang
1PM

Comment Posted by Rage55 Sep 27, 2017 10:14 AM

Anyone need an extra player? I don't have a team but would certainly play.
Text me. 204-290-9020

Raj Misir

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com