Forums » Fields » New Field in Bridgewater Forest

Messages for New Field in Bridgewater Forest

Comment Posted by jon May 06, 2015 01:19 AM

The PIT has secured a new south end field to start the season in Bridgewater Forest. Unfortunately the park has yet to be named and has not yet been found on google map! The park is off of North Town Road (which is off of Kenaston in Bridgewater Forest). The field is close to the University of Manitoba and should definitely be liked by our south end teams. There are also no goal posts to contend with.

Just take North Town Road until you see Brad Kelm throwing flags. There is a small parking lot and a play structure at the front of the field, a baseball diamond to one side, and a lake on another (don't drive into the lake!). A reasonable approximation of where the field is can be found here: http://pitfootball.com/locations

The field will be in rotation to start the season and depending on the feedback we may also use the field near the end of the year as well. Just make sure to reign in the yelling, some million dollar homes around the field...they won't like us unless we play nice!

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by captainwoody May 06, 2015 10:43 AM

Nice work guys! That's right in my backyard. Maybe this will convince me to ref again this year too!

Comment Posted by jon May 06, 2015 12:43 PM

If you can shed any light on a specific address that would be helpful...also if possible tell google to update their maps!

Jon

Comment Posted by captainwoody May 07, 2015 11:53 AM

I'll pop by the field and see if I can get any address particulars . BTW, it's the correct spelling is Bridgwater. It's named after someone.

Comment Posted by jon May 07, 2015 12:21 PM

That person should have spelt their name right!

Jon

Comment Posted by captainwoody May 11, 2015 05:46 PM

Hey guys,
So the official address of the park is 285 Cadboro Rd. The park is also appropriately called "Bridgwater Park". The actual playing field is closer to North Town Rd, near the intersection of North Town Rd and Hill Grove Point. You'll see a small parking lot surrounded by a wood fence next to a play structure. You can see a baseball diamond near the playing field too.

Anyways I hope people will be able to find the field now. Jon: Perhaps you can update the field marker on the fields page as it's pointing to the incorrect location.

Have a great season everyone.
Neal

Comment Posted by jon May 23, 2015 01:37 AM

Thanks to Neal we were able to find the field in order to line it. Some big-ass homes around the field, artificial turf basketball courts in the back yards seem to be the norm! Hopefully we can retain the use of this field...seems if rich folks complain we lose fields pretty quick.

Brent and I went out and squared the field and lined it. For now Bridgwater is only in use for the first three weeks of the season, ideally it helped out with the field requests for our south end teams. Here are some pics of our lining job (and some of the rich kids of Bridgwater Forest), the first of many field linings this season: http://pitfootball.com/albums/727-bridgwater-park

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by captainwoody May 25, 2015 02:52 PM

I think as long as we do what you stress to every team: clean up after ourselves, no swearing (esp. in suburbia) I think we'll be able to keep using the field and you'll find that many people won't complain.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com