Forums » In the PIT » Helping Out A Fellow PIT Player

Messages for Helping Out A Fellow PIT Player

Comment Posted by jon Feb 10, 2014 10:35 AM

As I am sure most of you have read or heard in the news of Les Lehmann's heroics in the Dominican Republic battling two would be assailants trying to break into an apartment complex that he managed. Les broke up the robbery and potentially saved some lives and took several bullets for his trouble.

The whole story as well as video showing the actual altercation and Les being shot can be found here: www.donatetoles.com (the video is not for the faint of heart!)

Les is a Winnipegger and father of Sean Lehmann who has been a huge part of the touch football community for the past 20 years winning many an elite title with the Eagles and Timberwolves and has recently played for the Blazers, Expendables and Knights. Currently Sean is playing in the Master's Division with the Portsmouth Spartans.

Since the altercation took place in the Dominican Les had no health insurance and thus must come up with the costs for the many surgeries it took to save his life after the altercation. Information on donations can also be found on the site.

The PIT football league has become quite the community over the last few years and we hope that everyone can band together to help out a family member of one of our longest running players. I strongly encourage all of our players to read about Les' heroics on the website and if possible provide a donation.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by captyn Feb 10, 2014 12:34 PM

Morning,

I know of the story as I heard about it on the news and it was in the paper as well. I would be willing to donate the proceeds of one of my reffing assignments on Feb 28.

I would like to ask all other referees that if they would donate just one of their shifts over that weekend I think that would help. I mean really spending an hour doing what I like anyways and knowing it will also help a fellow team member out - not too much to ask for I think.

Kirk Paquette

Comment Posted by jon Feb 10, 2014 08:48 PM
Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com