Forums » In the PIT » Requiem

Messages for Requiem

Comment Posted by jon Jan 23, 2013 07:18 AM

One of our touch football community has recently passed. Stephan (Stef) Acco who played/refereed touch football for over 20 years passed away January 11th. I had the pleasure of playing with Stef back in the old Bandito's days where he was a top rusher in the elite division. I also had played against him as a member of the Rebels and Nomads when he was a Longhorn.

PIT players may recognize Stef from his tenure as a PIT referee during our first couple of seasons of existence. Not too long ago Stef had even talked about making a return to playing. Stef did have some demons hopefully they are slain on the other side. Definitely puts the battles that are had on the playing field in perspective.

Here is a link to his obituary: http://passages.winnipegfreepress.com/passage-details/id-198941/name-Stefan_Acco/min-run-date-1358920800/order-publish_date|DESC,last_name|ASC/

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by Premier "BIG" Man Jan 24, 2013 05:21 AM

I never had a chance to play with Stef nor did I ever have a relationship with him beyond the football field. But in the many games I reffed with Stef in the UTFL he was always good to me and always easy to get along with. As Jon mentioned Stef had his issues and those issues made him hard to rely on. But looking past his demons I always had the feeling that he was still a pretty good guy. I will always remember Stef as being youthful and I was shocked to find out that he was actually a few years older than me. Man that guy could fly. Rest in peace Stef.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com