Forums » In the PIT » Game at Assiniboine park

Messages for Game at Assiniboine park

Comment Posted by neil72 Jun 17, 2011 04:07 AM

I'd just like to thank everyone that helped out last night when i got knocked out at the field. I do have a concussion and i am having a bit of trouble hearing out of my left ear this morning, however, in the end i believe everything will be ok. I look forward to getting back on the field soon once my symtoms are gone.

Also i have one question to the league, as i just started a new job and i do not have coverage for about a month unfortunatley to cover the ambulance..... is the league covered in any way at all??? just curious otherwise i guess i'll have a $300 bill to pay. hahahaha

anyways thank you everybody again that helped out, and just thought i let everyone know that i am doing ok

Comment Posted by hydrant00 Jun 17, 2011 07:17 AM

Glad to hear your well Neil. Good luck on the recovery and a swift return to the field.

Comment Posted by jon Jun 17, 2011 07:18 AM

We have the best insurance coverage in touch football Neil. I believe there is some coverage for ambulance, I will email you the policy information shortly. Hope the symptoms are disappearing.

Jon

Comment Posted by bigern Jun 17, 2011 07:46 AM

Never good when someone gets taken off a field on a stretcher. Come back to us Crosby!
Chris

Comment Posted by neil72 Jun 17, 2011 08:16 AM

The symptoms definitly aren't as pronounced as yesterday, however, i still have headaches that are coming and going, and dizzy spells, but nothing too horendous.

Hopefully everything will be gone this weekend, but you never know.

I don't really remember but i have a feeling this injury was completely my own doing and it's just one of those things that can happen playing sports. The league does a great job enforcing rules and providing fields that keep people safe and it is very much appreciated.

Comment Posted by Rush Jun 17, 2011 05:08 PM

The Villains

Comment Posted by Rush Jun 17, 2011 06:39 PM

a few technically difficulty's ...

As Captain Of The Villains we would like to send our best wishes to you ...hope that you have a speedy recovery and your at 100% and back on the feild in no time....
The class that was shown by both teams during this situation and game is why the pit is the league to play in.

Best Wishes
Tony #23 "The Villains"

Comment Posted by neil72 Jun 17, 2011 06:53 PM

I would like to add one more post on this, because i just read the most classy text message Arthur of the Villans, who not only wished me well but also mentioned that their team is willing to cover additional ambulance costs that the leagues insurance does not cover. They definitly do not need to do this, and i am not sure i would be comfortable having them pay for this situtaion, however, the offer is extrememly classy and just shows the type of teams this league attracts and the type of people you guys are.
We played the villans during that game and the injury occured on a collision from my own player and not from anyone on their team! It was a complete accident at no fault to them, and I definitly have alot of respect for you guys.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Comment Posted by A G Jun 17, 2011 07:19 PM

we have a classy captain in Tony guys, that was all his idea! i sure cant take credit.

but further more, Neil was also their 7th player and we had 1 of their players on our team due to it being a cross over game (he chose to play with us that game),rather than have them play short we gladly allowed him to play for them just so the game went on, Moral of the story is... okay so there's no moral, but we lost the game 40 something to nothin on that day an when it comes to injuries nothing else matters as it is just a game!

hopefully some other teams learn that the score really doesnt matter, no matter how bad!!
it happens to all of us but keep your head up and play the game with respect like men!, ( or woman!!!)

Im glad you doing better Neil!

see ya on the feild!

Arthur Garand

Comment Posted by Scott Jun 22, 2011 09:10 AM

Post like the ones above may be proud to be apart of the PIT touch football community WE have all built.

For the Players by the Players, words to live by in the PIT!

Comment Posted by neil72 Jul 22, 2011 01:05 PM

Hey i would just like to let everyone know that if for some reason in the future you are not covered by other resources for an ambulance, the leagues coverage covers 100% of the ambulance ride, which otherwise would be $380.00

Hey Jon or Scott i just need a signiture on one form.....they ask for the "club exec signiture" maybe shoot me an e-mail about where you may be reffing/playing this weekend or early next week and i will quickly meet up with you guys for that.

Neil Gwizon

Comment Posted by Scott Jul 22, 2011 06:17 PM

They went to MeKico!!! No signature..... ring me tomorrow and we can hook up
229-6266

Comment Posted by jon Jul 22, 2011 06:48 PM

Do we add best insurance policy to our list of reasons why to play in the PIT?

For the players, by the players

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com