Forums » In the PIT » Location of Championship Games

Messages for Location of Championship Games

Comment Posted by jon Sep 23, 2010 08:45 PM

The PIT's championship games will be held this year on Winnipeg's newest and most state of the art field turf at East Side Eagles field. The field location can be viewed here: http://www.pitfootball.com/locations The new field turf is the same turf that will go into the Bombers NEW stadium, outpacing the turf that is presently available in our current stadium. Follow the link to a short news report on the field turf that was installed just this past spring: http://www.wd.gc.ca/eng/77_11449.asp

In addition to offering the best playing surface possible for championship games, East Side Eagles field will also include the following amenities:

1. Open concession stand and BBQ, food and drink will be on sale for the duration of the day's games
2. Full use of the score clock for each game played
3. Full use of the announcers booth - we are currently in negotiations with John Madden to unretire for the day
4. Intimate seating: fans will be on top of the action
5. A fan/family friendly atmosphere
6. Did we mention the best playing surface available today?

Good luck to all teams in their quest for championship glory! For the players, by the players.

Comment Posted by azneer Sep 24, 2010 03:31 AM

Jon, do you purposely make these announcements early in the AM after everyone has gone to bed?

Nonetheless, I look forward to playing at the ESE field.

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Sep 24, 2010 05:09 AM

Another feather in the PIT cap! As someone who has played and reffed touch football since 1987 and has been involved with all 3 (4 if you count the WCTFL) leagues, I am very impressed with the commitment to the game day experience, overall organization, and plain old hard work that the PIT executive provides. Well done fellas! You are a credit to the sport.

Now, speaking of PIT caps Scotty...........

GOV

Comment Posted by scott Sep 24, 2010 01:26 PM

We just ordered some new PIT Championship shirts Ed. I love the idea of getting our refs some PIT gear to acknowledge all the hard work you guys and gals do for us, Jon and I have been going over some ideas.

We dare to be compared!!

Scott

Comment Posted by scott Sep 24, 2010 01:28 PM

Greg it gives you something to look forward to when you get to work. YES??

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com