Forums » In the PIT » Games cancelled for Thursday June 10th.

Messages for Games cancelled for Thursday June 10th.

Comment Posted by scott Jun 10, 2010 09:58 AM

Due to the hourly weather forecast, the PIT has decided to error on the side of caution and cancel the games for Thursday June 10th.

Games will be rescheduled shorty.

Scott McArthur

Comment Posted by scott Jun 10, 2010 10:30 AM

Why do I think that environment Canada won't get it correct today!! I hate this save fields and players ACL's thing......back to the arcade.

Comment Posted by beveridge02 Jun 10, 2010 10:35 AM

Seriously? Hasn't rained all day and I live very close to the field.

Comment Posted by scott Jun 10, 2010 10:58 AM

The fields are at the maximum saturation that they can handle, and the forecast calls for showers starting at 5pm.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/hourlyfx/camb0244/hourlytable/1

Cancelled games means more work for the league. The PIT would rather play the games, but not at the cost of the players or fields.

Scott

Comment Posted by jon Jun 10, 2010 12:40 PM

All games have been rescheduled and teams notified. Stupid environment Canada, was supposed to be raining by now.

Comment Posted by rstatman Jun 11, 2010 06:04 AM

I say set up a summer indoor league with a 15 game schedule and leave the outdoors for the ducks and the mosquitos.

Comment Posted by jay97 Jun 11, 2010 06:41 AM

What's happening for tonights games?

Comment Posted by jon Jun 11, 2010 07:34 AM

Keep posted to the website, supposed to rain and the fields are at the saturation point. Will try to get out to the fields to make an assessment.

Jon

Comment Posted by jay97 Jun 11, 2010 08:48 AM

Thanks. Sooner we know the better. Most of our team are trekking across the city to Maple Grove

Comment Posted by jay97 Jun 11, 2010 10:53 AM

no news?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com