Forums » In the PIT » Games cancelled for Wednesday June 9th.

Messages for Games cancelled for Wednesday June 9th.

Comment Posted by scott Jun 09, 2010 09:33 AM

Games have been cancelled for Wednesday June 9th. Games could be rescheduled as soon as Sunday the 13th.

PIT crew

Comment Posted by Nolby Jun 09, 2010 09:54 AM

ugh

Comment Posted by nawlins12 Jun 09, 2010 11:14 AM

Just want to make a quick comment about these cancellations... I understand the preservation of the field and everything, but today it has rained pretty minimally and I teach Phys Ed at a junior High and I was outside for most of the day and our fields were a little wet, but mostly just damp. I'm not usually very outspoken about these kinds of things, but I had to reschedule three clients at my other job so I could make it to this game, only to be informed at 2:30 that they were cancelled. I appreciate the fact that you want to provide the best field and league (and you do!!!) but the grass will continue to grow and the footprints will be gone in a day or two... Just my two cents. You guys are doing a great job with the league and I'm gonna be a part of it as long as it runs, but let us do what we paid to do...play!!

Comment Posted by jon Jun 09, 2010 11:35 AM

Thanks for the props Justin! With standing water it not only causes problems for the fields but presents a danger for the players. We have a friend who recently got hurt playing in a lake in a different league. It is definitely an inconvenience for all involved, however we want to ensure that not only our fields but our players remain unscathed. Its early in the season, come late July we will probably be praying for rain!

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by jon Jun 09, 2010 02:17 PM

All games that were canceled tonight have now been rescheduled. Teams have been notified and the schedule has been updated. Now to watch some Stanley Cup playoffs!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com