Forums » In the PIT » Championship Games

Messages for Championship Games

Comment Posted by jon Oct 04, 2009 09:57 AM

Congratulations to our first ever champions in PIT Outdoor history:

Ninja Militia pulled the upset over Big Deal in overtime (shootout converts) to claim the first ever 4th division title.

The Titans won the season series vs the Pylons two games to one and in doing so took the 3rd division title. Looks like the Titans will add to the already deepest division in touch football (division 2) next season!

Comment Posted by scott Oct 04, 2009 03:12 PM

Southside won a close game against the Ratz for the div 2 title, congratulations to both teams and as well The Guild won a close one against the Aztecs to win the div 1 title.

Comment Posted by jon Oct 04, 2009 07:57 PM

Quote of the night (thus far)

"How can you not be surprised if you woke up tomorrow and saw zombies. It is totally possible."
Brant Cook

Comment Posted by jon Oct 05, 2009 07:51 PM

Here is a quick run down of the games on Sunday:

Ninja Militia 21 Big Deal 20
Ninja Militia brought a game plan to control the time of possession against Big Deal and executed it perfectly. Dave 'Gus' Guspodarchuk marched Ninja down the field meticulously keeping Jean Guy's high powered offense off the field. The defensive battle came down to the wire as the teams were tied at 20 through regulation. The defense kept it up with only Michael Froese of Ninja was able to put the ball in the end zone for the winner in a convert shootout. A great way to hand out the first ever outdoor title.

Titans 51 Pylons 14
The Titans ran wire to wire with the division taking division three over the Pylons. The two best offenses in the division went head to head, but the Titans defense came out a bit stronger allowing them to jump up to a quick lead they would never relinquish. Will be interesting to see if the Titans can diversify their offense enough to hang with division two next year.

Southside Trojans 20 Ratz 7
In the Cinderella championship final the sixth seed South Side Trojans took on the seventh seeded Ratz. The Ratz hit their stride at the right time but ran into a South Side team who used their speed to make some clutch plays. With South Side only up by a touchdown late in the game they returned a kickoff for the touchdown to put the game out of reach and become the first team to claim both an indoor and outdoor championship in the PIT.

Guild of Calamitous Intent 41 Aztecs 26
And finally in the battle of division 1 juggernauts the Guild of Calamitous Intent outlasted the Aztecs in a game which everyone thought would come down to who had the ball last. The first 7 drives of the game resulted in seven scores in the battle of two great offenses. The Guild was able to come up with a couple of clutch stops late in a game which featured some of the most amazing catches, runs, throws, and defensive plays in recent memory. The talent of the two teams was definitely on display and was a fitting end to a great season by all teams in the PIT.

Congratulations to all of our champions and a big thanks to all the teams who participated in the inaugural year in the PIT. We already have some bigger and better things to put on display for next outdoor season!

Comment Posted by pogo22 Oct 08, 2009 06:14 AM

I'd just like to send a big congrats to Ninja Militia on taking the div 4 championship. Even though we missed playing against you guys this year, Dogg Pound is glad to see you guys take it all. We'll try and take our championship next Wednesday. If we win maybe next year we can have a "brawl to finish it all", lol. Take care guys and enjoy.

jay
dogg pound

ps you guys playing indoor? i think we'll play in the winter, but not fall (crazy injury year for us). i,however, could be easily convinced to join another team for the fall season, if you're short. take care.

Comment Posted by Gus Oct 09, 2009 05:59 AM

Thanks Jay! Your team was really the only reason we were going back and forth in our decision to change leagues. Once you get that good, clean rivalry, its hard to walk away. In fact, there's a number of us that have been following your impressive season in the WTFL.

Majority of us are also taking the Fall off just to recoup, and will likely be back for the Winter league. Every year it gets harder both body-wise and time-wise. However, upon winning the big one and being able to legitimately move up divisions, I'm sure guys will be frothing at the mouth come April.

I do like the idea of a scrum match after you guys win it on Wednesday. Wednesday is kind of a crappy time to play though as I'm sure the team would be looking to get ripped following the win. I know I can't remember anything from about 2pm on last Sunday!

Let's keep in touch. If you guys don't end up moving over next year to Div. 3, then we should seriously have a preseason scrimmage, sort of a cross-league game to end all games!

Cheers,

Gus #7
QB of the Championship Ninja Militia

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com