Forums » In the PIT » Playoff results

Messages for Playoff results

Comment Posted by scott Dec 21, 2008 02:09 PM

Division One Final Jan 10, Blitzkreig vs Boats & Blazers
Division Two Final Jan 10, SuperTeam vs Morningwood

Division Three Final

The Hyenas edged out the Beer Belly Bastards in a hard fought battle. The final score was 20-25. Pit football thanks the BBB's allowing the Hyenas to finish a game in the other league before starting their game a little behind schedule. Classy move on their part.

Division Four Final

The South Side Trojan team got past the WC Reaper team, although the score was 39-13 in favour of the SS team, this game was within about 10 points until the Reapers had to take some chances in an attempt to take the win.

Division Five Final

The Abusement park was firing on all cylinders to edge the No D for Life team by one point. The Final score was 38-37 with the Abusement park scoring late to take the win. Both teams will receive a pizza from Presto pizza as the game of the night.

Division Six Final

The Sniper team just got by a much improved Wraith team 24-20 with big plays from Corey Hanssen, picking the ball to stop a drive by the Wraith team very late in the game.

Division Seven Final

The North End Hawkeyes snuck by the Chuggernauts 26-20 with plays like Trevor Smart (knuckle ball expert) throwing the long ball seconds before half to give the NE Hawkeyes a much needed six point spark.

Thanks,

Jon

Scott

Comment Posted by sel9393 Dec 22, 2008 12:54 PM

Yea I must give out a big thanks to the Beer Belly Bastards and Scott for the 15 minute grace period! Much appreciated!

Comment Posted by Gus Dec 23, 2008 09:40 AM

I'd like to acknowledge the valiant effort of my teammates as we were forced to play four against five for the semi-finals. Great attitude guys and great effort.
I'd also like to congratulate the Abusement Park on taking the title. You guys are a class act. Thanks for the great game.

Gus

Comment Posted by Openallday Dec 23, 2008 03:42 PM

Thanks for the congrats,
Ninjas put up a good fight in the semi-finals. I believe they actually took the opening drive down for a score to take an early lead having only 4 players.

Good game in the finals No D. High scoring affair, with very little defence. The game could have gone either way....

Comment Posted by jon Jan 11, 2009 05:23 PM

The last two finals of the Fall Season were played Saturday night. In the first game the Boats & Blazers defeated Blitzkrieg by a 45-30 margin to win the Div 1 title. In the second game Superteam edged Morningwood 38-32 in a see-saw battle that saw multiple lead changes. Superteam takes home the Div 2 title. Thanks to Blitzkrieg and Superteam who agreed to postpone the championship games to help out their challengers.

Congratulations again to all teams who won championships as well as those who participated in our inaugural season and who made the league such as great success!

Jon & Scott

Comment Posted by kung_fu_panda Jan 12, 2009 03:24 PM

Thanks for the opening season guys, Morningwood played a great game. One or two calls the other way and it could have gone to OT at the least.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com