Forums » In the PIT » Grant Watson

Messages for Grant Watson

Comment Posted by barracudas Aug 17, 2012 03:47 AM

I just found this out yesterday that Grant Watson passed away and wanted to remember a player who I felt was iconic in our football community. For those who know Grant, and many of you probably do, he was a passionate field general and even though I only knew playing against him when I was starting out young and inexperienced, after many years I finally understood why he had the plays he called. I think those who know him know of 'X'-99's or why the short routes were a critical component of his game, and the fire Grant played with on the field will be missed.

Grant, I don't know you outside of football, but I do know you made a difference in and out of it.

Here is the link to his announcement:

http://passages.winnipegfreepress.com/passage-details/id-193755/name-Grant_Watson/min-run-date-1344574800/order-publish_date%7CDESC,last_name%7CASC/

Regards,

Hoan

Comment Posted by Premier "BIG" Man Aug 17, 2012 04:51 AM

Wow sad to hear. Grant helped out the Hydrants for a season many years ago in the UTFL when we were stuck without a QB. He was a very intense guy on the field and fairly mellow off of it. I enjoyed running all the short routes and never having to worry about stretching my legs on a fly when Grant was at the controls. I do remember Grant constantly running a no huddle offence with us and yelling B&B at us. To this day I still have no idea what the call on the field was but I guess it didn't matter because somehow he still managed to get us the ball.

My condolences to his kids and especially his son who I know played along side of his father the last couple of years.

B&B sir. B&B.

Darren

Comment Posted by Nolby Aug 18, 2012 06:53 AM

Well said Darren,didn't know the guy but it sounds like he had an impact on some current and past touch football players.
R.I.P.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com