Forums » In the PIT » 2012 nationals

Messages for 2012 nationals

Comment Posted by neil72 Jun 11, 2012 09:30 AM

Hey everyone,

i know it is a bit early, but Deadzone (div 3) is taking a team to nationals this year, and will most likely be placed in the intermediate divison much like the Woody's were last year (i'm just guessing). I am posting this message because i am really starting to get a handle on numbers, and i now know that we will most likely need to add one or two players to finalize our roster for this tournament.

The tournament runs over thanksgiving, and is held in Toronto this year. Ideally most of our team will head down togteher and we will get a deal on a "group flight" and the tournament generally also sets up a host hotel at a discounted rate. I have no idea as to how group discounts work at this point, but if it is cheaper if you have more people in your group, i would suggest the Doggs, Avengers, and Deadzone (the three teams i have heard whispers of going) see if we can set this up to make this a inexpensive as possible :). Also registration to the tournament will run between 40-50 dollars a player depending on how many players we end up with

So for the the one or two guys we require. Ideally you are playing in the higher divisions already, or you are a top player on a middle division team. Also if you are a solid veteran player we will definitely be interested as we have a very good mix of vets and slightly younger talent. At this point i would just like to see if there is any interest from the league and i will consult with our team captins before making any decisions on adding players.

The one last requirement for this team, is when we r done games, we like to go out and have a few drinks....... maybe experience the nightlife a bit (not a requirement, but definitely recommended, and from the sounds of it alot of guys tend to arrive at nationals for the thursday night to really go hard LOL!!! AGAIN...... NOT MANDATORY, but definetly worth wild.

So if anyone is interested, please contact me by e-mailat neilgwizon@hotmail.com, or by phone at 782-8519 (currently not working great, but recieves texts). This is a great experience that i would recommend to anybody. you have a chance to see the best teams in the country play and you get to have a great time away from from our normal lives while playing the game we all love.

Comment Posted by neil72 Jun 11, 2012 10:24 AM

please excuse the typos and bad grammar in the post above. I have a few english geeks who have nothing better to do than harass me on the english language all day.

Marc Hebert/Chris Earnshaw

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com