Forums » In the PIT » Classy?

Messages for Classy?

Comment Posted by T$ Jul 15, 2011 03:42 AM

How many QB's out there have dropped back and thrown at the rushers face?

Our rusher wears glasses so it could have caused some major damage. I've played touch football for almost 10 years and I've never seen a QB deliberately do this before. Game was almost over and our rusher had 3 sacks to help give us a win.

This has to rank high on a list of dirty moves on the football field

Comment Posted by bigern Jul 15, 2011 04:38 AM

Just to give some context...
This was a Div 3 game, The Dead Zone vs The Woody's. Game was indeed lopsided. Dead Zone rusher got a rough tag call and on next play Woody's QB threw football directly into rusher's face, getting a 15 yd penalty. Rusher escaped serious injury but that was very lucky.

I don't like to post anything negative but this needs to be recorded I believe.
Chris Earnshaw
Co-Captain for The Dead Zone.

Comment Posted by santos12 Jul 15, 2011 05:08 AM

hey chris,

i think you got your games wrong.
this didnt happen against us (woodys)

Jay Santos
Woody's #21

Comment Posted by woodys1 Jul 15, 2011 05:20 AM

Hey Chris

I am not sure why you are referring to our game: Woodys vs Dead Zone. First,there was no rough tag by you're rusher
on our qb and neither of qbs who played,threw the ball at the rushers face. Secondly, neither of the rushers Dead Zone used sacked either of our qbs at any time during the game. Lastly, the game was not lopsided, you're team won the game with about 39 seconds remaining.

Joey Fryza
Co-Captain
Woodys

Comment Posted by bigern Jul 15, 2011 05:27 AM

OOPS. Very sorry guys, You are correct. The game this post is referring to was against the Chiefs. I apologize. The Woodys game was the day before the one in question and it was a very clean and classy game.
Chris.

Comment Posted by T$ Jul 15, 2011 05:48 AM

Thanks for giving this context Chris :)

To be clear this was not versus the Woody's. I avoiding name dropping cause I'm sure the guy who did this regrets the decision.

The Woody's game was well played and could have gone either way. Looking forward to the rematch next week

Comment Posted by woodys1 Jul 15, 2011 06:36 AM

Hey Guys

I thought it was a well played game as well,hence my surprise when I read the post.
We are definitely looking forward to the rematch. It was a great battle right to the end.

thanks for the replies

Joey

Woodys

Comment Posted by Rush Jul 15, 2011 02:38 PM

this is completely un acceptable..... as a higher division rusher.... your dealing with guys that have top speed.... it is never intentional for us to rough tag or run into a qb... but when a guy scrambles and stops were not perfect at putting on the breaks.... but we do try.....
But not getting of topic....I was hit directly in the face with the ball and the qb's follow thru of his hand on freak oversnap....as a result i lost vison immidiately and spent 5 hours in the hospital...final result
was 2 slpit eyebrows and a fracture of my orbital bone in my eye socket.....It took over 5 months for the double vision to correct itself and surgery was almost a option.... and this happend on a ACCIDENT!!!!
The qb who threw the ball was a class act through out the entire ordeal.... but accidents do happen....
HOWEVER..... If your directly throwing the ball at someones head YOUR A JOKE!!! plain and simple!!!! you dont see us lighting u up after u throw to the opposite side...or taking your knees out....Its called CLASS....
the guys in the pit put out a classy product and the guys should remember that....
Everyone loves playing ball... but i know everyone also has to work the next day... guys should remember that... cause nobody wants to end up in the hospital....

Keep it Classy PIT Football!!!

Comment Posted by Scott Jul 17, 2011 08:40 AM

As always, the PIT has dealt with this and will always error on the side of caution to protect our membership. We appreciate the passion our membership always demonstrates on the website.

Scott
PIT crew

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com