Forums » In the PIT » Do any teams go out for drinks anymore?

Messages for Do any teams go out for drinks anymore?

Comment Posted by KDS#10 Aug 09, 2010 03:25 PM

Just wondering, if there are any teams that still do the "drinks after the game" thing. I know when I started playing touch football - a really long time ago - that is what most of the teams did. Of course I know it is a lot harder now because teams play over the place, not just at one field or the other, not to mention people are just too busy.

I just wanted to put the call out there for anyone that still does, if you are looking for a place to go why don't you try out Winn City Pub! Any team that comes out can get free pizza! (minimums do apply) Also any team that mentions that they have seen this post on the forum and comes on down, I will buy a round for your team. Just ask for me - Kelly - and I will make sure we hook up your team with their free round. I know many who play touch football also play in the other leagues, so you can tell your other teams that i will do the same no matter what league or division you play in.

No matter what sport you play we do this all year round and sponsor all types of teams so if you are looking for a place to go come down and check us out! The same goes for all you organizers of this league and the refs(yes even the refs) if you want to go for a beer after the games or whenever let me know, I will get you a drink. (some of you refs need more then anyone else after reffing multiple games and dealing with all back talk you get in some games)

Winn City Pub is located centrally at the Quality Inn and Suites at 635 Pembina (at Grant).

Kelly
Warpigs #10

Comment Posted by Nolby Aug 23, 2010 03:11 PM

Our Brewers team still does,maybe not so much in the summer but the past indoor seasons even after 1 we'd head down to BP on Pembina for a beer and some food.It's good to keep a team tradition going and makes for good times after a win or a loss.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com