Forums » In the PIT » Sombody think of the children!!!

Messages for Sombody think of the children!!!

Comment Posted by pogo22 Feb 09, 2010 06:48 AM

Hey all,

My name is Jay, I'm the slow but occasionally effective rusher for Dogg Pound. I don't usually make a habit of making pleas for help to complete strangers, but sometimes the cause is worth it.

I volunteer coaching basketball at Munroe Junior High. My Grade 7 team is hosting their first ever tournament and I want it to be a great experience for everyone. We don't have a title sponsor or anything, so we don't have a lot of money to spend after paying the officials for shwag to give to the kids for player's of the game and such. We've had some trouble drumming up donations, so I thought I'd ask you all for help.

I know many of the teams in this league have sponsorships and deals with different sports gear places in the city or play for universities here in town. I was hoping that if you did have such a deal or played for such a team, maybe you might be interested in asking them for a donation. I wouldn't be asking for much more than a water bottle or two and maybe tickets to a university basketball game. Just something little. Something to take home.

Anyway, thank you for your time and please shoot me a message through here if you care to help out. Thanks again. Take care.

Jay Diaz

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com