Forums » In the PIT » Pit football family concept

Messages for Pit football family concept

Comment Posted by scott Dec 20, 2008 07:04 AM

Registration for the winter session continues to grow, the PIT has 49 teams registered for the session that starts the third week of January! Remember that the PIT caps each div at 6 teams, so it is imperative that you get your registration in early to secure a spot. Looking at the registration page, it seems that in some cases 9 teams are vying for the 6 spots. Jon and I would like to thank all the teams that have participated during our first season as a league. The conversations with most teams and individual members of the PIT have been overwhelmingly positive.

The PIT would like to thank our sponsors who have helped put the PIT over the top in terms of bang for your buck (in my opinion). The Cup Cakery gave out wicked cup cakes during our Halloween kickoff weekend (the candy corn were my favourite), and speaking of those, does anyone else call them tigers teeth or am I just messed up? More cupcakes to come for the start of the Winter season. Almost all teams have had a whack load of pizzas from the Orbit room (Nick) and Presto Pizza (Trevor Smart). Bonnie Holmes (Jon's lady) and Mae (Greg Robinson's fiance) have been taking pictures most weeks for the entertainment of our membership (Image gallery page).The Friday night player award has been donated by Rinkside Bar and Grill (Bret Thurston), great party spot, and the Saturday night award has been donated by Ammici restaurant (Brian McKnight), my favourite Italian style restaurant in the city. Home Run Sports has donated player of the month footballs, which will be handed out in the new year, along with those cool prizes, Brent from HRS has produced our sweet championship T-shirts to be given to all division winners. LAT travel (Chris Lucas) has graciously donated 2 player of the Season trip to Mexico, we will draw for that during the Co-ed tournament from the entire roster list of the PIT from the first session. The second Mexico trip will be awarded in April.

later,

Jon

Scott

Comment Posted by scott Jan 05, 2009 10:41 AM

61 Teams...........Go Canada!

Scott

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com