Forums » In the PIT » Playoff brackets

Messages for Playoff brackets

Comment Posted by greg_enns Aug 14, 2017 03:23 PM

Is it confirmed yet how the playoff brackets will work for each division since there are several different division sizes. For example, presumably 6-team divisions will have 3v6 and 4v5 quarter-finals while the top 2 teams get a bye... but I wasn't sure how the 7-team divisions would be structured.

Now that the end of the regular season is getting close, teams are starting to think about potential seeding and playoff match-ups. Any insight is appreciated.

Comment Posted by jon Aug 15, 2017 02:52 AM

6 team divisions will have seeds 1 and 2 receive a first round bye, while seeds 3 through 6 play.

7 team divisions will see the 1st seed have a bye with the remaining six teams playing in the first round.

The standings will be reordered after the first round so that the top seed plays the lowest remaining seed, the second seed plays the second lowest seed, etc.

The PIT Crew

Comment Posted by greg_enns Aug 15, 2017 09:59 AM

Perfect. Thanks for confirming!

Comment Posted by johnjonker Aug 16, 2017 08:35 PM

While I agree there should be a reward of some kind for finishing top of your division, getting a bye has really only meant a longer break in between games from the end of the season to playoffs starting. I would not be against any first place team playing in the first round. Otherwise it could easily end up like other years where we go 3-4 weeks between our schedule ending and our playoff game. (For us last year I beilieve it was 28 days)

Comment Posted by jon Aug 17, 2017 12:58 AM

Seven teams makes it impossible to have everyone play in the first round.

Comment Posted by greg_enns Aug 17, 2017 02:15 PM

I'm sure if a first place team in a 7-team division wanted to give up their bye so they could play an extra game, I imagine most 2nd place teams would be more than happy to switch places with them. :)

Comment Posted by gchan Aug 20, 2017 03:51 PM

Speaking of playoffs, I'm assuming no games on Labour Day long weekend and no games on day of the Banjo Bowl September 9?

Comment Posted by jon Aug 20, 2017 07:02 PM

That is correct. First round of the playoffs will be Sunday September 10th. The schedule for the playoffs will be out shortly.

The PIT Crew

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com