Forums » In the PIT » Rugby Players

Messages for Rugby Players

Comment Posted by johnjonker Jun 23, 2017 09:09 AM

Am I the only one who feels like the rugby players at Maple Grove are completely disrespectful? So far we have played a number of games at Maple Grove. When we play on Field #3 closest to the club house every game so far the rugby players have come out and done warm up drills and stretches in the end zone while our football games are being played. Yesterday was no different. Except this time as the play got close to the end zone and the ref asked (again) that they move off the field they simply walked to the other end of the field and used the opposite end zone. They had pylons set up and everything. There is plenty of grass covered areas in the park they can use to do warm up drills. Why use a field when it's being used? When the ref asked them again to move they told us they were just finishing this last drill and it would only be a minute. Field #5 doesn't seem to have this issue. Not sure if its too far for them to walk to or what.

I'm not sure if there is anything the league can do about this or if I am the only person who's goat it gets?

John Jonker

Comment Posted by L Mitchnik Jun 23, 2017 02:53 PM

That would definitely drive me crazy if I was playing or reffing on that field. I hope that our league administration will be able to do something about this.

Leslie

Comment Posted by jon Jun 23, 2017 03:53 PM

This is the first we have heard of anything. We will look into it. I have probably played a dozen games there already and never had an issue, you must just be lucky John :)

Jon

Comment Posted by johnjonker Jun 24, 2017 12:39 AM

Not the kind of luck I'm looking for! Lol. I'd be more than glad to hear that I'm the only one who's seen this. Maybe it's just been the times we've been on that field. Thanks for looking into it.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com