Summer 2017 Registration Information/Winnipeg Blue Bombers Partnership
The PIT is proud to announce the opening of the 2017 summer registration. 2017 will be our ninth season of outdoor football and our first partnering with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. We are very excited for the investment the Bombers have made in the league to help promote the game of touch and flag football at the grassroots level. As part of this investment all teams will play at least one regular season game at Investors Group Field (assuming your team does not request days at IGF off) with all championship games and the Team Captain’s All-Star game also held at IGF! PIT members will also receive exclusive discounts on Bomber merchandise and game day tickets and the league will be featured on BlueBombers.com!
The PIT has also forged exclusive contracts with Maple Grove Rugby Park to play games at Winnipeg’s premier outdoor sports complex. We have also partnered with North Winnipeg Nomads to play games at Frank Whyte the premier football field in the Northern part of the city. Boston Pizza will offer exclusive membership benefits including free large pizzas for all registered teams and draws for free jerseys to teams in each season. Teams will receive all of these added incentives to play at no additional charge! Registration costs will remain the same as last summer. Our mandate is to get as many people playing touch and flag football regardless of age, gender or skill level and we are very excited about the changes in the direction of the league to help promote the game.
Summer 2017 Season Information:
Season Starts: Tuesday May 23rd (weather permitting)
Season Ends: Sunday, September 24th (weather permitting)
Registration Deadline: Saturday May 20th
In Person Registration Held: Thursday May 18th
Location: Boston Pizza 690 St. James Street from 6:00pm to 10:00pm.
Team captains may pay earlier than the deadline. Cash, certified cheque and etransfer accepted. See the contacts page here http://www.pitfootball.com/contacts for address and etransfer info.
Touch Football 7 on 7:
Divisions: 18 regular season games, all teams make playoffs. Divisions of skill from elite to beginner available.
Cost: $1950 (inclusive of GST and insurance) $2000 if paying by any method other than etransfer.
Coed 5 on 5 Division (same sized field as indoor, only outdoors)
The PIT will offer two divisions of skill: competitive and recreational. Teams will receive 8 regular season games, all teams make playoffs. Minimum one regular season game at IGF, all finals at IGF. All coed teams will also be provided with jerseys!
Cost: $850 (inclusive of GST and insurance if paid by etransfer) $900 if paying by any method other than etransfer. Season will run May – July.
The PIT Football League is Canada’s largest touch and flag football organization with over 4000 players and 400 member teams. We offer the best game day experience in recreational sports:
• The PIT is the only league partnered with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
• Exclusive membership benefits with the Winnipeg Football Club including both regular season and championship games at IGF, special discounted tickets and merchandise.
• The PIT is the exclusive partner of Maple Grove Rugby Park Winnipeg’s premier destination for outdoor football games.
• The PIT is the exclusive partner of North Winnipeg Nomads, we will be playing games at Frank Whyte Winnipeg’s best field in the North. We have committed to running more games in the North than ever before to help accommodate teams living in that area.
• We are the only league to have fields lined consistently – this year every two weeks weather permitting. The first recreational sports league to line fields every two weeks!
• We are the only league to have certified and trained touch and flag football officials.
• We are the only league to reward its team captains with an all-star game, this year to be played at IGF!
• All champions will receive championship shirts and have their names engraved "Stanley Cup style" on the nicest trophies in recreational sports.
• Skill levels for everyone regardless of age or gender.
Cash, certified cheque, and interac e-transfers accepted. Cheques are payable to PIT Football. League addresses can be found on the contacts page here: http://www.pitfootball.com/contacts
All team registrations must be accompanied by our new schedule request/team identification form found here: http://www.pitfootball.com/league_files
For the players, by the players!